MG4 infotainment Screen Fault

Sami

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Today (2nd April) the central infotainment screen glitched while driving (MG4 Trophy). The screen was no longer usable as it started switching from one display to another at random.
I reset the system by pressing the home button for several seconds. The system did reset but the fault remained the same.
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
Thanks, Sami

Today (2nd April) the central infotainment screen glitched while driving (MG4 Trophy). The screen was no longer usable as it started switching from one display to another at random.
I reset the system by pressing the home button for several seconds. The system did reset but the fault remained the same.
Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?
Thanks, Sami
There is an infotainment software update to fix that, available only from an MG dealer, meanwhile try and select a DAB radio station as I've heard that can temporarily sort out the problem.

There is an infotainment software update to fix that, available only from an MG dealer, meanwhile try and select a DAB radio station as I've heard that can temporarily sort out the problem.
Thanks Ian. The screen has now gone black. Completely inaccessible. As if not powered.

Thanks Ian. The screen has now gone black. Completely inaccessible. As if not powered.

Sorry I meant thanks Diggsy

When I have had that happen once (blank screen), the reboot fixed it.

You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery. I think it is necessary to recalibrate the steering afterwards by turning fully left then right then centre, others may know more about this.

When I have had that happen once (blank screen), the reboot fixed it.

You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V battery. I think it is necessary to recalibrate the steering afterwards by turning fully left then right then centre, others may know more about this.
Thanks. Yes the screen is back. It started behaving normally after I selected dab radio on screen. I have also booked it with dealer in case the problem recurs as others have found. Three weeks wait. The car is excellent to drive, but they need to sort out the software issues.

Thanks. Yes the screen is back. It started behaving normally after I selected dab radio on screen. I have also booked it with dealer in case the problem recurs as others have found. Three weeks wait. The car is excellent to drive, but they need to sort out the software issues.
As others have said, there is an update that should fix it, hopefully they can just apply it.

My car displays are still showing chinese timezone, how do you update the time? I've been through the settings menus and can't see anything. Think I read someone say it gets it from the radio but I've driven over 100 miles and it still hasnt updated.

As others have said, there is an update that should fix it, hopefully they can just apply it.
Thanks. Perhaps a silly question for you: how do you display the mileage of the car? I can’t find it in the manual. 🤔

Thanks. Perhaps a silly question for you: how do you display the mileage of the car? I can’t find it in the manual. 🤔
That’s displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel. Press the icon to the right of the steering wheel that looks like a couple of pages. Once done, you move the thumb stick up or down to display the mileage since charge, last trip or total. That same stick can also be moved right or left to display other things.

Edit - thumb stick on the right side of steering wheel.

That’s displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel. Press the icon to the right of the steering wheel that looks like a couple of pages. Once done, you move the thumb stick up or down to display the mileage since charge, last trip or total. That same stick can also be moved right or left to display other things.

Edit - thumb stick on the right side of steering wheel.
Many thanks Diggsy. All revealed !

Had this same issue in new trophy tonight. DAB fix worked for now but what software version should fix it properly? - dealer alleged it is on latest updates when it was delivered last Friday….

Had this same issue in new trophy tonight. DAB fix worked for now but what software version should fix it properly? - dealer alleged it is on latest updates when it was delivered last Friday….
I believe the latest infotainment software version for the Trophy is R33.
Let the dealer know you have a problem even if they insist it is on the latest software so at least the fault is logged.

I’ve booked it in with the dealer nearest home… it’s a comp as my car delivered from a dealer over s as n hour away. Hopefully they’ll understand the issue and have seen it before - checked the car this morning - similar issues but a reboot and dab radio fixed it again. I think it’s on R33 already, and from other posts it sounds like a hardware swap fixed it.

Mine’s just done this error tonight. The infotainment system glitches have been pissing me off more and more lately. Inactive radio, LKA icon disappearing from the MG Pilot, but still active. Having to restart it multiple times because the radio goes off… Now this! I’ll try and access the DAB radio as per the suggestions, but I can only usually select the radio from the 2nd screen, not the first. But with this error the screen toggles back to the first before you have chance to select from the icons. What a nightmare! The infotainment has spoilt for me what should overall be a good car!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back