MG4 infotainment Screen Fault

Seems to me you have a faulty system. Apart from sometimes being a little slow to boot up, my infotainment screen has never put a foot wrong. Now OK I have an SE which has far fewer things to go wrong, but most Trophy owners don't seem to be complaining about this either.

Seems to me you have a faulty system. Apart from sometimes being a little slow to boot up, my infotainment screen has never put a foot wrong. Now OK I have an SE which has far fewer things to go wrong, but most Trophy owners don't seem to be complaining about this either.
Oh it’s most definitely faulty!

But the DAB radio “fix” has got it back up and running for now (after a faff!). Thanks to whoever posted it on this thread. I shall report the issue to my dealership tomorrow and see how they handle it.

That seems to be another Trophy "foible". (On my SE the LKA toggle is always visible, but only implements turning off if the system is READY).

There is an infotainment software update to fix that, available only from an MG dealer, meanwhile try and select a DAB radio station as I've heard that can temporarily sort out the problem.
Wow thank goodness for this forum. Last night my mg 4 trophy did exactly this. Resetting only worked for a few seconds before it started again so I tried the DAB radio trick and it has worked (for now). What a pain and it's now Christmas with no chance of contacting the dealer for a few days. Thanks for the tip.

How do you access the DAB when the main screen doesn't allow it? Sounds like my problems are similar (see the weird goings on thread), but when I try to access the radio function on the main screen it does nowt. I could access the Sat Nav though, but even then hitting the favourites button when its jumping about is a challenge:LOL: I have lost a lot of camera function when reversing and the likes, the buttons on the steering wheel do basically nothing, and voice activation is limited. Car drives fine but is stuck in normal mode and I can't adjust anything including the a/c. Going to document everything with pictures before I contact Octopus EV about it. Funny enough it reset itself completely a couple of times over Christmas and once reset I have no issues until the next time I used the car. Had to drive 300 miles back yesterday in basically useless mode.

How do you access the DAB when the main screen doesn't allow it? Sounds like my problems are similar (see the weird goings on thread), but when I try to access the radio function on the main screen it does nowt. I could access the Sat Nav though, but even then hitting the favourites button when its jumping about is a challenge:LOL: I have lost a lot of camera function when reversing and the likes, the buttons on the steering wheel do basically nothing, and voice activation is limited. Car drives fine but is stuck in normal mode and I can't adjust anything including the a/c. Going to document everything with pictures before I contact Octopus EV about it. Funny enough it reset itself completely a couple of times over Christmas and once reset I have no issues until the next time I used the car. Had to drive 300 miles back yesterday in basically useless mode.
Hold down the home button for approx 20 seconds until system re-boots

Hold down the home button for approx 20 seconds until system re-boots
Have tried that. It doesn't make any difference. Also a couple of times when I have gotten in the car it's almost like the screen hasn't shut down properly and boots straight in without going through any of the MG logo stuff. Its weird.

I had the exact same problem as per the link in post 3 of this thread. The factory reset worked straight away. Full functionality is restored.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back