MG4 MY23 Question

vaga222

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've spent the last few months researching what EV to get and this forum has been really useful! I have one question that I hope people can help me with.

I've ordered my car through Octopus EV's salary sacrifice scheme. Originally it looked like they'd ordered me a newer MY23 model but it's turned out that they want to deliver one of the original revisions without the rear wiper, one pedal driving, etc.

Would people here still accept an original revision over the newer one? I've currently got a ICE car so I'm in no major rush for the MG4. 1 pedal driving and the rear wiper seem like nice additions, I'm not too fussed about the AC charging being lower since I don't plan on needing to AC charge while away from home.

Also, have people started to receive the newer models yet? Octopus gave me the impression that MG had told them than the newer revision cars hadn't been built yet although that could just be MG talking specifically about cars that Octopus had ordered rather than the updated model in general.

Thanks!

When I received my Trophy, I thought the missing rear wiper was odd, but I haven't missed it at all since. It's designed to clear itself.

1 pedal driving, I've not experienced. If you turn regen braking to high, you get something "close to" one pedal driving (according to some reviewers); you just need the brake pedal for the last part of a stop. If you're used to ICE driving this will be second nature anyway.

... and people seem to think one pedal driving will come in a software update anyway.

Personally I wouldn't delay for this, but of course it's your decision.

I think your position on AC charging makes sense.

I picked my phase 2 up last week so they are definitely available but think dealers are still trying to clear old stock.

Depends if you want to wait. As I’m on PCP I went for the newer one and there was only 2 weeks between order and collection as it was already on the boat.

We collected a new MY23 Trophy last week. There is a possibility that the older version will not get some software updates into the future.

The OP might not have a choice as they aren't buying the car. From Octopus Energy's web site:

"With salary sacrifice schemes, you don’t own the car, so you’ll have to return it at the end of the agreement. This means you then get the freedom to lease a new car and upgrade to the highest new tech models available. With Octopus Electric Vehicles, you can choose from the best range of electric cars."

I just got my MG4 from Octopus this week, a MY22 as you say. They do not have any MY23 models in stock.

So far, so happy (apart from the Lane Keep Assist - who signed that off!). As I don't own it I'm not too bothered about the exact model year - the 18" wheels would have been nice but I prefer the black roof... I find regen 3 is plenty so not worried about one pedal driving.

Fun what they said to me you might be looking at the new year before Octopus have any MY23 in so I'd be tempted to take what they can deliver pretty immediately

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I think I'm just going to go ahead and go with the original revision 👍

Agree with mrmatt, I got a my22 trophy last week, prefer the 18" wheels of the my23, the black roof is miles better looking though on the my22. Originally thought I wanted one pedal driving but after a week on a lot of motorways I actually prefer the coasting of the weak regen level all round and if I genuinely need to slow down more/faster I prefer to use the brakes which then harvests energy for me at the right time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back