MG4 not connecting to App - no network signal

Billymanta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
About 6 days ago, my App would connect to the car - I tried logging in on the car screen and on the App several times - no joy
I noticed that there is no network signal in the car screen - tried everything cannot get signal or connection - please help
1000015988.jpg
1000015988.jpg

After playing with Android Auto this morning I now have the no network icon. (Probably coincidence.) However, I can still use the app to request a status and control the cabin heating. After I did that and I powered up the car I got the 4g network icon.

If you are still having no joy then you could try the 'restore to factory settings' option in the system page of settings.

When I’ve had problems connecting using the app for a long period I’ve found sitting in the car and holding down the home button on the infotainment system until it restarts fixes the problem.

Further to my first post, you might try clearing the cache for the app on you phone. This has helped some people with binding so it must change something's in the app.

I get this all the time, and not using the app or android auto, it's a lottery if I get reception when I start up the car, reseting the screen usually sorts it though but it's a pain

Thanks all - I tried all of the things you mentioned, it was the car connecting not my phone. Then suddenly I went into the car and the network was back and everything connected - I still have no idea how to fix if it reoccurs - Hey ho!

If your are in a marginal G2-G4 location/ reception, then what do you expect? - the car does not need to be connected, as it just works without external connection.

I am not in a marginal signal location, it's been working fine for 3 months here - so I expect it to continue working! Obviously it needs connection to work, as with no connection it didn't and now it has connection it does

I noticed that there is no network signal in the car screen - tried everything cannot get signal or connection - please help
When my mobile had network problem, I would reboot my phone. Have you tried to reboot your infotainment system?
ZS EV can be rebooted by holding home button for 10 seconds for solving iSmart connection issue. I think MG4 might be the same.

I have reset infotainment system many times over the last 6 days, the network signal did not return. I went out to move the car and suddenly the network signal returned and all worked fine - I did nothing which is the frustrating part, if it happens again I have no way of correcting it

Further to my first post, you might try clearing the cache for the app on you phone. This has helped some people with binding so it must change something's in the app.
It's not my phone - it's the car connection

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel