MG4 Restricted speed - weird

Mine's been back again, different dealer. Apparently they cleared the error codes did 'some updates' and that should have sorted it. Drove away from the dealer, still exactly the same

I've lost the will with trying to resolve this now, MG utterly incompetent and clueless on this issue (at least in my experience)

All my problems will be resolved when I can hand the keys back to MG.
I'm even going to look into ending the PCP deal early.
I'm looking into the possibility of doing the same. Shame, as I quite like the car apart from this.

Mine's been back again, different dealer. Apparently they cleared the error codes did 'some updates' and that should have sorted it. Drove away from the dealer, still exactly the same

I've lost the will with trying to resolve this now, MG utterly incompetent and clueless on this issue (at least in my experience)

I'm looking into the possibility of doing the same. Shame, as I quite like the car apart from this.

I really wish I had not rushed in to getting one. I'd actually be very happy if someone crashed into it a wrote it off.

Any takers?????

I don't blame anyone for bailing out over this issue. Some people got it fixed, but that doesn't help anyone whose dealer won't do it for them.
I'm not sure it's a case of won't. TBF, MG in Beaconsfield tried many things and genuinely seemed to want to dig a bit and help. I did feel somewhat reassured by their efforts, despite the undesirable outcome. MG Milton Keynes (latest attempt) inspired no confidence whatsoever from the moment I entered the showroom.

I seem to have had similar 'fixes' that appear to have helped other cars, software and hardware, though they've not resolved mine, for whatever reason. I feel like MG are clutching at straws with what to try next (and beginning to go round in circles). I'm a bit drained with it now

Does sound like the power-limiting issue, if you haven't already I would report to your dealer and strongly push to have the car checked and updated to fix this.
I’ve not had the issue before at all, so I’m really hoping it’s an anomaly and nothing more than that. Time will tell. Ordinarily I never let the battery go below about 25-30%. The only other time I allowed the battery to go lower than that I got the power reduction to maybe 80% I think from memory, which made sense to me. The one difference that I can think of from the last time to this is that the car was in for its first service a few weeks ago and had software updates done. Maybe one of them hasn’t quite taken properly.

I’ll see what happens over the next day or two and maybe have a chat with the dealer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back