MG4 rims in Norway, better than in the rest of Europe?

Leyenda

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I like them better, and you?

79a502cb8a.jpg
1669296192476.jpg
1669296206736.jpg
15225817(1).png
314499443_675453067472439_548612455996176940_n.jpg
314888843_673643380986741_3266869017965777642_n.jpg

A much nicer design than the horrible plastic trims with ugly alloys underneath that we get over here. I buck the current trend of liking grim dark wheels and would much prefer a set in bright silver though.

Are they not the 18" ones available in China as well? The "no options" approach taken by MG UK means that we don't have them as an option here.
I wonder how much range they cost? If they are just on the Luxury/Trophy then it'll be getting close to SR range. ;) :eek:

They do look like they're 18's, nice but look tricky to clean.
Wish we got the silver and a darker blue option for the car's body colour too.

Wheels / tyres can have a surprising effect range wise though. I remember putting a set of 225's in place of the 215's on my wife's 2014 leaf a few years ago, simply because they were cheaper, and the miles / kWh fell from 4.1 to 3.9 almost immediately.

I thought the plastic covers on the alloys were a range thing. With Teslas, the wheel covers add a useful amount to range, and I've noticed with our MG4 that there does seem to be a lot of "borrowing" from Tesla - the low dashboard (for good close-up visibility), button-less start etc. Still no frunk, though! :-(

Is it possible to buy outside Norvegian?
17'' is very interesting for me.
Here, in italy, the MG car dealer have some advertising posters with these rims.

Is it possible to buy outside Norvegian?
17'' is very interesting for me.
Here, in italy, the MG car dealer have some advertising posters with these rims.
I posted something similar on the Facebook group a while back and a guy from Norway replied with the brand name of these wheels.

Googled it and they seem to only be available there.

Decided in the end if I were to spend money on wheels, I’d just take the trims off the ones I have and get them re-done in grey.
Then I remembered I don’t event waste money and time cleaning the outside of our cars, so changing the colour of the wheels is never going to happen.

I posted something similar on the Facebook group a while back and a guy from Norway replied with the brand name of these wheels.

Googled it and they seem to only be available there.

Decided in the end if I were to spend money on wheels, I’d just take the trims off the ones I have and get them re-done in grey.
Then I remembered I don’t event waste money and time cleaning the outside of our cars, so changing the colour of the wheels is never going to happen.
The problem is the UK spec. MG4 wheels have clearly been designed to have covers and aren't styled to be seen, so they actually look terrible uncovered.

Last edited:
Definitely nicer and being black looks better too
Much nicer style. Disagree on the colour though, the sooner this awful trend of dark/black wheels is over the better. Then we can all get back to a brighter, shinier, world of metallic silver, how all wheels should be! (except for colour coded wheels on classic cars with chrome hubcaps) ;)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back