MG4 SE LR - existing owners and outstanding orders

Well this has been less than reassuring 😂. Not a single owner of an SE LR commented as yet and a lot of long and / or missed expected order dates!

Well this has been less than reassuring 😂. Not a single owner of an SE LR commented as yet and a lot of long and / or missed expected order dates!
There is just 1 UK SE LR on the sheet in the software update thread, that arrived in Oct.
Post in thread 'Software Update Thread' Software Update Thread
So not many looking at that

Here is one.

I ordered a red SE LR 3 weeks ago. Salesman perused a short list of details and stated 8 weeks.

But i put it off until March 1st delivery. Sales order now states 31st March 2023

Put a reservation down for a Black Pearl SE LR end of August. Went with black over the other colors as I was told at the time that the stock for it was available. lol.

After a "late September" estimate at the start of September, then "mid October" estimate at the start of October, it's now become "TBA" (from end of October) and it's been radio silence from my dealership since. Assuming I'll get this by end of February. If not, I'll chase up a refund. I'm not keen to do so though.

My reservation for an SE LR was made on 2nd September. Have chased a couple of times and most recently been told that it is likely end of Jan / early Feb, but not overly confident in these dates being met.

My reservation for an SE LR was made on 2nd September. Have chased a couple of times and most recently been told that it is likely end of Jan / early Feb, but not overly confident in these dates being met.
January is when MG start making them to order

I thought I’d give my dealer a wee call on the delivery status, but he said there’s been no update at present on his computer system. He did say though at his dealership they’ve got many more long range MG4s on order than short range, so perhaps the long range will come into its own next year. 😃

That being the case I guess deliveries will start in March? At least that gives some time to iron out some of the little foibles, and maybe even take a view on whether we might want an AWD model instead?
The performance model sounds cracking, but I reckon 203 horsepower is plenty for me.

The performance model sounds cracking, but I reckon 203 horsepower is plenty for me.
Yeah 203 hp is plenty to be honest, I'd be interested in the AWD IF it is not a silly amount more expensive to buy or insure, is more sure-footed, has better seats, replaces piano black trim with carbon or brushed metal effect, has bigger battery and faster charging and doesn't have silly body kits or wheels. Haven't seen any details for a while so suspect it is at least 12 months before it will be available in UK and Europe though.

I preordered a Camden grey trophy in August was one of the very first to do in Cornwall
but same old story no message from dealers had to chase up all the time.to be fair I then found out they had no idea what cars they would get.was then told they had five cars coming in as I was top of the list was offered not a trophy as they had not been given any but a Camden grey long range.as this was the colour we wanted and lr we took it.have been very pleased with it.no oil leak to date I do have the air scoops added a rear camera that works ok.saved some cash as wel.

I preordered a Camden grey trophy in August was one of the very first to do in Cornwall
but same old story no message from dealers had to chase up all the time.to be fair I then found out they had no idea what cars they would get.was then told they had five cars coming in as I was top of the list was offered not a trophy as they had not been given any but a Camden grey long range.as this was the colour we wanted and lr we took it.have been very pleased with it.no oil leak to date I do have the air scoops added a rear camera that works ok.saved some cash as wel.
I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the new car! Has your dealer said if they will be fixing your undertray?

dealer has not even contacted me since picking up the car they say that customer service is a high priority that’s a joke.pointed out the undertray on getting the car and asked for it to be done also to have the new breather pipe as I want to be sure no oil leak will appear .so will be chasing them up again I’m expecting them to say that it’s
not a problem so I will no doubt have to go and sort it out on site another forty mile round trip I don’t get why so many dealers try to deny all the issues software needs update suicide button etc.happy days.will get there in the end.

The SE LR seems on the face of it, reading these forums, to be the least popular of the 3 models currently available in the UK.

It's the one we've had on order with Chorley Group since first week of November, and we were advised a 12 week wait, but they were optimistic about it being quicker (appreciate that was probably just sales patter).

Emailed a week ago and was told 12 weeks still the expectation (so end of Jan). However given that it appears to be just luck of the draw what models the dealerships get, and that there seem to be so few SE LR in existence, I'm not at all confident. Wondering whether to try and find the extra for a Trophy.

Interested to hear from those who are already driving the SE LR:
  • when did you order and then receive the car?
  • are you experiencing some of the commonly reported issues e.g bulge, software problems etc?

And those that have ordered but still await the SE LR how long have you been waiting? Have you got any specifics such as VIN number yet, vehicle location etc?
Honestly I have an order in for the Trophy with Chorley Group and was told the exact same so honestly probably not much difference but I could be wrong? It's like a lottery out there at the moment.

My wife picked up her Camden Grey SE LR on 30th September this year so there are some out there! One of the first batch to be delivered.
She had a ZS SE LR on order for a looong time but when this similar spec MG4 came in our dealer contacted her to see if she was interested. Following a test drive of their MG4 demonstrator she went for it.
Sadly it had the oil leak issue but has been back for the revised breather to be fitted. So far so good. It does still have the Android Auto 'not for resale' message though so probably needs to go back for a software update.

At last!
I have a registration number and the new breather mod is being installed (or it will when the part comes today or tomorrow). Collection day set for Monday. As mentioned in another thread, it also has a software update for the car locking you in problem installed as well. Happy Days!
Fingers crossed there's a train running on Monday to enable me to get there!!

At last!
I have a registration number and the new breather mod is being installed (or it will when the part comes today or tomorrow). Collection day set for Monday. As mentioned in another thread, it also has a software update for the car locking you in problem installed as well. Happy Days!
Fingers crossed there's a train running on Monday to enable me to get there!!
Have they actually said the locking you in software has been updated? 🤞

Have they actually said the locking you in software has been updated? 🤞
The dealer (and I promised not to mention names or dealerships) specifically said that my car had the locking fix update applied, and that they (the dealership) had been informed by email this morning of the fix. He also said that all new MG4s from today should have the update as standard.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back