MG4 SE SR

V2L has anyone tried it yet, is the adapter available for purchasing from the dealerships?

I work in the dealership. I had a ship make port (Portbury) on the 17th November. I'm expecting delivery of the car to us by the 15th December. All fingers are firmly crossed.
My dealership is in Chelmsford (Glyn Hopkin) doing a trade-in with my trusty Yaris Hybrid- just hoping to get it before MOT runs out 10th Jan 23!

My dealership is in Chelmsford (Glyn Hopkin) doing a trade-in with my trusty Yaris Hybrid- just hoping to get it before MOT runs out 10th Jan 23!
I arranged a test drive at Chelmsford with Andy Porter. Found him very helpful and professional. I noticed on Autotrader they have their showroom black SE and an Orange Trophy listed as available now.

I switched from a car with a reversing camera and surprised by how little I have missed it tbh, its only a hatchback and the mirrors provide good enough visibility to place the car accurately when parking in tight spaces. The ultrasonics work nicely and mitigate the small window in the rear fine. I find that when manoeuvring a car the feel of the steering at low speeds and the turning circle is much more helpful than cameras- though the 360 on the trophy would be cool, I was not willing to fork out for it and now glad I did not- had it been an option on the SE I probably would have wasted my money ticking the box!

Thank you for posting a positive experience of owning your MG4. Those of us who are still waiting for delivery need postings like this to reaffirm that we have made the right decision.
I picked up a new MG4 SE SR earlier this week and am loving it! A few things to get my head around, but all part of the fun of owning a new car. Very frosty here this morning, pre-heated the battery and the car and set on Snow mode and all good 😊.

Congrats AKD. It truly is a cracking car. I put a reservation fee on the SE SR and the Trophy, and ended up choosing the SE SR, as it is all the car I need and then some, plus it doesn't have the 'bong' problem.

With the money I saved, I'm going to invest in a Solar PV system. I also can adjust the cabin temperature with a single finger, which apparently can't be done on the Trophy owing to the Sat Nav window taking up that space.

I've done c.2100 mile so far, and am averaging 3.1kWh per mile during November / December at least half of which was motorways at speed. Around town with a light foot, and you can easily get 4+ m/kWh.

For me ACC is preferable to TJA in my opinion, and even in urban traffic will bring the car to a stop.

I keep the 'intelligent battery heating' permanently on now, as it really helps with fast-charging when required. Batteries generally like being at the goldilocks temperature, so this helps with that.

The highest speed I've seen with the SE SR was 88kWh this afternoon - though the SE SR does 'throttle' charging speeds as it fills up to help the battery health. This charing speed should improve in the summer.

I've had no big problems - no 'bulge' - no 'oil leak' - all fine so far. Once the screen went blank, so I just turned the car of and on again, and the boot wouldn't open when I took it to the tip to get rid of some rubbish - as I'd basically stuffed it to the gunnels - it opened fine when I got home.

I'm going to set up my V2L as a permanent installation at my home tomorrow - just in case we have any power cuts - if nothing else I can 'arbitrage' my cheap night time rate into the car, with some electric heaters running during the day via the V2L system.

I'm also hoping to find a track, where I can turn of the ESP and have some fun.

The SE SR truly is a cracking vehicle, congratulations and enjoy !

I'm going to set up my V2L as a permanent installation at my home tomorrow - just in case we have any power cuts - if nothing else I can 'arbitrage' my cheap night time rate into the car, with some electric heaters running during the day via the V2L system.
I hope by that statement that you don't mean you will be connecting the car directly to the house!
If you mean just connecting one or two domestic appliances, then that's all good (up to 2+kW or so), but I just want to be sure you know the difference between V2L and V2G!

I hope by that statement that you don't mean you will be connecting the car directly to the house!
If you mean just connecting one or two domestic appliances, then that's all good (up to 2+kW or so), but I just want to be sure you know the difference between V2L and V2G!
There seems to be a worrying lack of understanding in terms of the risks of using none type tested equipment to feed their homes, especially relating to earthing, and the risk to jointers and linesmen on the DNO network as a result of it.

That's the whole reason V2G has to comply with G99 loss of mains protection

Congrats AKD. It truly is a cracking car. I put a reservation fee on the SE SR and the Trophy, and ended up choosing the SE SR, as it is all the car I need and then some, plus it doesn't have the 'bong' problem.

With the money I saved, I'm going to invest in a Solar PV system. I also can adjust the cabin temperature with a single finger, which apparently can't be done on the Trophy owing to the Sat Nav window taking up that space.

I've done c.2100 mile so far, and am averaging 3.1kWh per mile during November / December at least half of which was motorways at speed. Around town with a light foot, and you can easily get 4+ m/kWh.

For me ACC is preferable to TJA in my opinion, and even in urban traffic will bring the car to a stop.

I keep the 'intelligent battery heating' permanently on now, as it really helps with fast-charging when required. Batteries generally like being at the goldilocks temperature, so this helps with that.

The highest speed I've seen with the SE SR was 88kWh this afternoon - though the SE SR does 'throttle' charging speeds as it fills up to help the battery health. This charing speed should improve in the summer.

I've had no big problems - no 'bulge' - no 'oil leak' - all fine so far. Once the screen went blank, so I just turned the car of and on again, and the boot wouldn't open when I took it to the tip to get rid of some rubbish - as I'd basically stuffed it to the gunnels - it opened fine when I got home.

I'm also hoping to find a track, where I can turn of the ESP and have some fun.

The SE SR truly is a cracking vehicle, congratulations and enjoy !
I'm just getting to grips with charging the car up! Thanks for the mention of 'intelligent battery heating' - mine is set to on and I will investigate now exactly what that means :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back