MG4 shipping to Ireland

I'm dealing with Johnson and Perrott in Cork It's Like dealing with Mystic Meg been on to them every week since the start of the year they're either waiting on a list. The last information was mine is being built which isn't much good we ordered an MG ZS December 12 months never came was advised by the dealer to change to an MG 4 which I drove and was happy to change it is a beautiful car was told by the dealer that I would have it in the first quarter. Was on to them yesterday they can't even tell me where it is what ship it's on or when it will be here they promised me the first quarter now they're saying hopefully it's a joke MG Ireland or not telling them anything and they can't tell me anything. It's an absolute disgrace if they are trying to make an impression in Europe they're not making a very good start here in Ireland. I don't think I'm the only one in the same boat I wish my car was on a boat🙄😡😤

Good chance you'll have it I'd say. Seems like there is a general 3-4 month wait time. I've been in a few petrol/diesel cars and hybrids over the last week. The MG4 is miles better drive. So nice and quiet. It's worth the wait.

Ordered back in September I think. Was told it would be middle of Jan and pretty much was.
total pot luck then - I ordered at the same time, was told jan and it shifted to feb . won't complain , just happy to get it.

I'm dealing with Johnson and Perrott in Cork It's Like dealing with Mystic Meg been on to them every week since the start of the year they're either waiting on a list. The last information was mine is being built which isn't much good we ordered an MG ZS December 12 months never came was advised by the dealer to change to an MG 4 which I drove and was happy to change it is a beautiful car was told by the dealer that I would have it in the first quarter. Was on to them yesterday they can't even tell me where it is what ship it's on or when it will be here they promised me the first quarter now they're saying hopefully it's a joke MG Ireland or not telling them anything and they can't tell me anything. It's an absolute disgrace if they are trying to make an impression in Europe they're not making a very good start here in Ireland. I don't think I'm the only one in the same boat I wish my car was on a boat🙄😡😤
I'd say its just as frustrating for the lads in JP , suspect it isn't MG ireland either but rather shite communication from china.

6 or 7 cars delivered to Limerick this week.Irish MG4 are shipped to Zeeburgge and then to Dublin in small quantities on Seine highway
Thank you

6 or 7 cars delivered to Limerick this week.Irish MG4 are shipped to Zeeburgge and then to Dublin in small quantities on Seine highway
You couldn't tell me what dealerships got them in Limerick so I can see it to my dealer please

Is there any MG4 coming in to ringaskiddy Cork because there's grimaldi lines ships coming in 4 times a week with cars on board

That's burst my bubble. Was hoping or an earlier delivery but it just proves they're full of hot air. Never did trust Chinese rubber.

Ya. All good. Seemed have been lucky and got some extras thrown in. It's really great to drive and getting efficiency too. Lots of MG4's flying around there. Seem to be flying out the door.
You purchased from Shiels🤢 I took my deposit back from them in Galway. I hope the after sales is better than sales. Lovely colour.

You purchased from Shiels🤢 I took my deposit back from them in Galway. I hope the after sales is better than sales. Lovely colour.

Wasn't much to it tbh. Ordered the car. Told me it would be new year. Came around that time. Sorted my own finance.

Wasn't much to it tbh. Ordered the car. Told me it would be new year. Came around that time. Sorted my own finance.
Judging by the sentiment on the facebook forum, you are one of the lucky ones. Lots jumping ship.

Last edited:
Has anyone got a MG4 from the Dublin Dealership yet or have any idea when they’ll have some for anyone who pre-ordered them?

Did anyone hear back from their respective dealers in relation to forthcoming delivery dates?

Apparently the next shipment was supposed to arrive on the 'schelde highway' on 1st of March. Currently awaiting for a call back from J&P in Cork...

Mine was ordered mine last week of Jan. Just told by Linders in Finglas that it is “in the factory” so presume that means it’s being built and once on the ship they’ll let me know and it will be 8-10 weeks until delivery from then. On track for mid June delivery, and I’ll reg it on a 232 plate

Mine was ordered mine last week of Jan. Just told by Linders in Finglas that it is “in the factory” so presume that means it’s being built and once on the ship they’ll let me know and it will be 8-10 weeks until delivery from then. On track for mid June delivery, and I’ll reg it on a 232 plate
Will grant be still available?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 486 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel