MG4 Should I get one? What’s the consensus from owners and those waiting?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-29-14-56-35-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-14-56-35-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 58
They are and they're not.
Everything Jester and I contributed to the thread when asked, by other members, who were contemplating rejecting or cancelling order,s about Tesla's and the Mégane etech were all deleted quick as being " Off topic"

Everything Jester and I contributed to the thread when asked, by other members, who were contemplating rejecting or cancelling order,s about Tesla's and the Mégane etech were all deleted quick as being " Off topic"
Well to be fair to the moderators, this thread is about whether to buy the MG4 or not, not an open review of the competition.

Well to be fair to the moderators, this thread is about whether to buy the MG4 or not, not an open review of the competition.
It depends if the option are:
  • buy an MG4 or not, or
  • buy an MG4 or something else
Since the OP stated....
Finally, anything else by way of buying advice would be much appreciated !
I think it is valid for members to say that they would choose to buy an alternative if it was, in their opinion, better for particular use cases, provided they explain what they are. Just saying that a Tesla or Megane is better is unhelpful and for many probably not true.

We will all be different, with differing needs, budgets and attitude to risk. All we can do is explain why we have made our own decisions and let the OP (and other interested parties) decide if those reasons are applicable to them.

Surely if direct questions to make comparisons are asked, then the good members of this forum are happy for them to be answered.
Nobody is telling them they must buy another make just giving an honest opinion and answer to a question.

I think if every mention of another manufacturer is jumped on or met with criticism, deletion of posts (without reason or a nudge to stay on topic), or the obligatory comeback of "Their no good and cost a lot more" then we're almost straying into the realms of censorship and you could possibly question the motives of the forum!

Thankfully as confirmed by A Real Human this is not the case.

Let's be honest here if every single thread on this forum had to get off topic posts deleted it would be a full time gig for the moderators

Surely if direct questions to make comparisons are asked, then the good members of this forum are happy for them to be answered.
Nobody is telling them they must buy another make just giving an honest opinion and answer to a question.

I think if every mention of another manufacturer is jumped on or met with criticism, deletion of posts (without reason or a nudge to stay on topic), or the obligatory comeback of "Their no good and cost a lot more" then we're almost straying into the realms of censorship and you could possibly question the motives of the forum!

Let's be honest here if every single thread on this forum had to get off topic posts deleted it would be a full time gig for the moderators
Exactly the in-laws love how the MG4 looks and drives, and they like our lasses MG ZS EV MK1 for what it is, but they don't fit what they want or need.

They currently have a 2012 Range Rover Vogue that they've had from new and a 2020 Ford Kuga. They're looking at replacing the RR as our lasses dad's work has started an EV salary sacrifice scheme, but they want the luxury and size of the RR that maybe the Marvel R would offer but not in the UK, so looking at Genesis GV70 electric.

The MGs won't fit everyone's use type unfortunately but some are willing to give them a go for the cost.

Off-topic stuff can be fun 🙂

Wait until Elon buys the forum…

It's because BYD are doing an Ocean series of cars, the first one was the Dolphin.
Hope they don't do a Marina otherwise Top Gear will have to find more pianos.
Yeah I saw the dolphin, I think the atto 3 is coming to the UK first, not sure about that name either.
So many good cars due to come from China, Norway seem to get them all first (very pro EV) the NIO range of cars look outstanding and the fact they have battery swap centres dotted around the country is a bit of a game changer, drive in swap your flat battery for a full one, drive off all in a couple of minutes.
I believe the MG4 platform has that capability for future proofing. Huge amount of infrastructure needed to make that possible though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back