MG4 Space saver wheel

pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Apologies as I know its been asked before.

I have a space saver wheel for My ID.3 that's not been used, will it fit on the MG4 ?

If not any recommendations greatly welcomed, I tried searching but couldn't find anything definite.

Thank you

Andy

I have a space saver wheel for My ID.3 that's not been used, will it fit on the MG4 ?

If not any recommendations greatly welcomed, I tried searching but couldn't find anything definite.

Thank you

Andy
Google the Wheelshop they have MG4 compatible spacesavers

Cool, I also have one from my ID.3 so also trying to find out if that will fit ?
Have a look on the inner rim of a normal ID wheel for the dimensions as there's a good chance it will fit.

I know that VW Golf wheels fit but not sure if ID3 wheel rims are same spec/size as the Golf.

If the normal wheels fit then the spacesaver will 👍

The MG4 SE wheel size is attached
MG4 Wheels Size.png

Last edited:
Have a look on the inner rim of a normal ID wheel for the dimensions as there's a good chance it will fit.

I know that VW Golf wheels fit but not sure if ID3 wheel rims are same spec/size as the Golf.

If the normal wheels fit then the spacesaver will 👍

The MG4 SE wheel size is attachedView attachment 23037
Google is telling me this but I don't really understand
18x7.5 ET50 5x112

I guess the 5 x 112 is the wheel nut size ?

I can't find anything on the wheel itself

Google is telling me this but I don't really understand
18x7.5 ET50 5x112

I guess the 5 x 112 is the wheel nut size ?

I can't find anything on the wheel itself
That is 5 stud x 112mm spacing It is 18” dia x 7.5” width, with an offset of ET 50. There are a number of web sites you can use to check for alternative wheel sizes.

That is 5 stud x 112mm spacing It is 18” dia x 7.5” width, with an offset of ET 50. There are a number of web sites you can use to check for alternative wheel sizes.

Thank you, I still don’t understand how I check if the ID.3 spacer saver will fit.

Guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way when I get the car

Thank you, I still don’t understand how I check if the ID.3 spacer saver will fit.

Guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way when I get the car
[/QUOTE
Are there any figures stamped into the id3 wheel i.e. on the back or front near centre? Its not just wheel dimensions but also the centre bore size in order to fit on the wheel hub. So measure the centre opening/bore, if its smaller than 57.1mm as per @JonnyG then wont fit even if other dimensions are ok.

Cue my perennial moan that I let my old Golf go for scrap and didn't think of keeping the space saver.

The funny thing is since I purchased the space saver for the ID I’ve never needed it, but before I had it that’s a different story

Thank you

Andy
If you have the wheel , just try it , nothing to lose.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back