MG4 Test Drive

What model? I'd be interested in the power and reversing experience on an SR - both are great on the Trophy.

I”d be interested in the voice control. Eg changing climate control, operating the radio, changing drive modes and regen breaking. Does the car use your phone for voice control or is it built in? Thanks
I will defo try those out and report back.

Please could you check:
Are there one or two reversing lights?
If any of the USB ports still have power when there is no one sat in the driver's seat?
Does it always revert back to the "Normal" driving mode, or does it retain the last driving mode (such as Custom, Eco, Sport)?
Can you change the radio station presets from the steering wheel, or only just the volume?
Thanks.

I”d be interested in the voice control. Eg changing climate control, operating the radio, changing drive modes and regen breaking. Does the car use your phone for voice control or is it built in? Thanks
Is the voice control only available on the Trophy spec? Can someone with a SE please check?

In the European brochure, voice control is only present on the top spec Luxury model.

SmartSelect_20220925-171730_Drive.jpg

Is the voice control only available on the Trophy spec? Can someone with a SE please check?

In the European brochure, voice control is only present on the top spec Luxury model.

View attachment 11207
I am unable to confirm this, however, with the standardisation of the Trophy spec (MG removed the ‘Connect package’ and incorporated this package into the Trophy spec, from 1st July 22) I am of the understanding that NO, the 4 items you have listed above, are not available in the SE spec.

What model? I'd be interested in the power and reversing experience on an SR - both are great on the Trophy.
I had a test drive in an SR today. I was disappointed not to have the Trophy for test drive, however, I was very impressed with the performance of the SR. It felt quicker than my i3 which doesn't hang around. Handling excellent, build quality of cabin felt excellent, my only gripe is that it is dark as has been mentioned but, hey nothing is perfect, it hasn't put me off. Reversing was fine, sensors work well. The SR car way exceeded my expectations and I cant wait to get my trophy.

Had my test drive today. Good driving car. Only niggle was my wife exiting the car re large sill. No doubt she will adjust accordingly. Tony, our MG rep, stated first 600 SE were meant to have privacy glass as a "thank you" Initial batch come with Type2 but subsequent batch will be granny charger. Only passing on what I was told. How true?

Set the car to adaptive regen and that was a fine balance for myself. Left lane assist as a warning light but on my car I will change to steering wheel vibrate. Sound system was fine after adjusting EQ settings. Driving position adjustments were also fine. The wheels looked good now I have 👁️👀 them in the flesh. Not too concerned about hard plastics in the interior either. Concerned about seat longevity as some have mentioned but??? For the price point this a a good car. Must turn the indicator sound down if I can, a wee bit loud but that is nit picking. No user manual with the car. Electronic versions only. Order confirmed for Trophy in grey(y)

Alan

I am hearing conflicting things about Autohold (whether the car has it). Apparently it is under the Security menu as an option. Forgot to try this on my test drive. Be good to confirm if this is present or not and how well it works. Thanks.

Had my test drive today. Good driving car. Only niggle was my wife exiting the car re large sill. No doubt she will adjust accordingly. Tony, our MG rep, stated first 600 SE were meant to have privacy glass as a "thank you" Initial batch come with Type2 but subsequent batch will be granny charger. Only passing on what I was told. How true?

Set the car to adaptive regen and that was a fine balance for myself. Left lane assist as a warning light but on my car I will change to steering wheel vibrate. Sound system was fine after adjusting EQ settings. Driving position adjustments were also fine. The wheels looked good now I have 👁️👀 them in the flesh. Not too concerned about hard plastics in the interior either. Concerned about seat longevity as some have mentioned but??? For the price point this a a good car. Must turn the indicator sound down if I can, a wee bit loud but that is nit picking. No user manual with the car. Electronic versions only. Order confirmed for Trophy in grey(y)

Alan
Yes, the indicator is really loud and like a grandfather clock! Sills are big but as you say, it is just getting used to it.

At our dealer, the first deliveries of SEs came with Type 2 charger cable. Don't know if that will change going forward.

I am hearing conflicting things about Autohold (whether the car has it). Apparently it is under the Security menu as an option. Forgot to try this on my test drive. Be good to confirm if this is present or not and how well it works. Thanks.
Yes my Trophy has auto hold. When you stop, step really hard on the foot brake. Unfortunately the auto hold light does not come on. Hope this helps

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back