MG4 Trophy 2022 model had major software update WOW!

Jeroen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My MG4 had a major software update today due to HVAC issues and LKA annoyances. 7 subsystems were updated.

Received the read-out but haven’t found the version numbers yet.

Entertainment was updates from R33 to R46. Big improvement in HVAC controls and also squashed the battery status bugs, energy consumption stats finally make sense.

Internal temperature readout now seems to be the same as the temperature set.

But what I am really amazed about is how well the LKA is working now. It seems to be almost auto disabling on the country roads near my home. And as an added bonus it now applies gentle nudges to the steering wheel.

Fabulous 😀

Just wanted to share.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update - I look forward to the upgrade that my dealer said wasn't available (I notice you are in the NL though). Did you have an issue with power reducing when battery falling below 25% SOC? If so, has this been resolved too?

No I didn’t have the power failure issue when battery falling below 25% charge, so I don’t know if that issue has been resolved.

I had SI-TB2023071101 (GW/BMS/CCU/SC/IMCU/EPMCU/EVCC) for model EH32-X1, SI-TB2023081101 iSMART full FICM Update R46 and SI-SC2023041901 (Heat pump controller software update) applied.

Other updates where available but couldn’t be installed under warranty as I did not have the “correct” complaints to be eligible for them.

Last edited:
Ah, good thing to raise. I've got mine booked in in a month or so. The list I've sent them is

• airbag warning pretty much all the time now
  • intermittent: auto-hold warning, the auto-hold feature when you press the brake pedal doesn't work
  • auto-headlights: they often don't dip for oncoming traffic and blind other cars, particularly on country roads - this is also dangerous
  • when you make a phone call, you can't hear the other person. If they phone back, the connection is fine
  • adaptive cruise control is very jerky, often tapping the brakes suddenly
  • the cabin pre-heat function doesn't work if a charging cable is plugged in (but the car has finished charging)
  • the phone app often fails to connect to the car with the message 'remote instruction failed'
  • the car sometimes 'forgets' the charge limit set and switches to charging to 100% on its own
  • the audio source selector (right/left) buttons on screen often need pressing twice to work
  • control of the volume from the steering wheel button when a phone is plugged in is inconsistent

Most of these are I think well known on the forum, but anything I'm missing to get all the available updates?

I recognize some of the issues you’ve listed;

• auto-headlights: they often don't dip for oncoming traffic and blind other cars, particularly on country roads - this is also dangerous
  • adaptive cruise control is very jerky, often tapping the brakes suddenly
  • the cabin pre-heat function doesn't work if a charging cable is plugged in (but the car has finished charging)
  • the car sometimes 'forgets' the charge limit set and switches to charging to 100% on its own
I can confirm that the first has been fixed, auto highbeam now dips in a timely manner for oncoming traffic.

Will verify ACC / TJA today on my long trip, but must say I’m slightly positive as regen is noticeably smoother. TJA was definitely smoother on my drive home yesterday.

Just tested pre-heat when plugged in, after having car set to charge to 100% for a long trip. It works, car is pre-heating and I can see the car pulling a massive 10KwH from the charger.

Charge limit amnesia is still fingers crossed.

I didn’t have any phone (using iPhone and CarPlay) related issues, hoping that they haven’t been introduced with the update 🤞

So far I’m very happy with the update 😀 Feels like a brand new car.

Last edited:
What exactly did they update? My dealer keeps telling me that there are no update for LKA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whst exactly did they update? Me dealer keeps telling me that there are no update for LKA.
There have been loads of updates for LKA. But we never get to know the exact details and we can't tell whether you already have them or not. It seems some dealers say this to avoid having to do the updates.

Best strategy tends to be warranty claim on LKA being dangerous rather than mentioning updates - ie persistently taking it back and they will have to apply everything to get you to go away.

There have been loads of updates for LKA. But we never get to know the exact details and we can't tell whether you already have them or not. It seems some dealers say this to avoid having to do the updates.

Best strategy tends to be warranty claim on LKA being dangerous rather than mentioning updates - ie persistently taking it back and they will have to apply everything to get you to go away.
I need to know what it's called since my dealer keep telling me that there are none

Hi all.

How do I check what software version I am on? Mine should have been updated today but pretty sure they have not done it.

And there in lies the biggest problem of MG ownership. Why should we as customers have to tell them how to do their job?

I contacted MG HQ in Norway today, and they responded :

There is indeed a update for the LKA system. Tell your dealer to contact us if they can't find it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back