MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

Taq

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat

Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat
I have the same problem. It drove me insane. In the end I turned the sound off is it but the alert still shows on the small screen. But atleast it doesn't constantly ping.

Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Not sure about permantly (will find out tomorrow) I bloody hope so!!!!!

Pages 75 and 76 are about the Driver Monitor System. All it says though is "The driver monitor system can be set on the infotainment display." - I can't see anything that describes where in the display or what facilities are available.

Last edited:
Pages 75 and 76 are about the Driver Monitor System. All it says though is "The driver monitor system can be set on the infotainment display." - I can't see anything that describes where in the display or what facilities are available.
Yes it is but then it seems to turn itself back on again

The manual says it’s a camera on the steering wheel that’s monitoring you, starting to wonder if a bit of electrical tape might work 🤨 seems like it might cause more accidents than it prevents

The manual says it’s a camera on the steering wheel that’s monitoring you, starting to wonder if a bit of electrical tape might work 🤨 seems like it might cause more accidents than it prevents
It is... but in the manual it says it must not be obstructed, so probably get more warnings if you did that

Yes it is but then it seems to turn itself back on again
Yes it does. The whole infotainment driving settings reset to default every time you start the car. I have notified my dealer to pass on to MGHQ. Everyone else needs to do the same, so that MG get enough complaints to actually address the issues.

Yes it does. The whole infotainment driving settings reset to default every time you start the car. I have notified my dealer to pass on to MGHQ. Everyone else needs to do the same, so that MG get enough complaints to actually address the issues.
Here's MG HQ's email address. They've replied to my queries quite quickly. [email protected]

Here's MG HQ's email address. They've replied to my queries quite quickly. [email protected]
During my test drive last week, the dealer suggested this was a known problem. He simply turned the volume down. The trophy I drove didn't have the latest software update, which I thought might fix the problem, but it sounds like that might not be the case.

Can I ask what exactly happens then? I'm assuming you aren't driving half asleep, so do you know what's setting it off?

I didn't see or hear any warnings during my test drive, but that may have been because it was a relatively short journey?

Mine seems to go off the moment you take your eyes from the road, which considering you need to look around while driving is a tad annoying. Does anyone know if there is a separate volume control for the warning?

Yes thats the message, a little coffee cup. You can turn the sound off and it stays off in I think MG pilot settings section and its right at the bottom.

Well I emailed them and they said that's the way it is and no plans to change it.

So we gove you the settings to change but then it defaults back, terrible. What other system allows you to change something then just changes it back.

On my 67 plate diesel Insignia, Lane Keep Assist and Auto Stop/Start default to On every time you start the car. So this is nothing new. ;)

On my 67 plate diesel Insignia, Lane Keep Assist and Auto Stop/Start default to On every time you start the car. So this is nothing new. ;)
But why? Imagine if you changes the settings on your smart phone and each time you locked it or switched it off it would revert back. I work in IT so it really bugs me when these silly things make it through and no one has thought.... thats a bad idea. Especially when the MG5 and ZS are the same.

But why? Imagine if you changes the settings on your smart phone and each time you locked it or switched it off it would revert back. I work in IT so it really bugs me when these silly things make it through and no one has thought.... thats a bad idea. Especially when the MG5 and ZS are the same.
I'm sure I read somewhere that it's something to do with the NCAP rating. Allowing the driver to disable it for a single journey but reverting to the default setting for the next journey means that a car would have a higher NCAP score.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back