MG4 Trophy LR. Eco or normal

Sounds pretty similar to my mileage & I’ve had my car just over a month

When I first got the car I had the dreaded range anxiety & had it in ECO mode all the time but like you it only adds 6-8 miles compared to Normal Mode & where I live on the Isle of Wight which is roughly 23 miles x 13 miles I should never put myself in a position where I’m sweating over remaining miles lol so now I always leave it in Normal mode, tried Sport mode once

& everyone says, as the weather warms up it will get better

Just checked the MG App, 49% battery & 114 miles remaining so not bad especially as it’s pretty cold here the last few days
Range anxiety on the Isle of Wight - love it 😁👍

Cheers. We are stopping in a caravan on Sandhills if you know it, but will be getting out and about. We know the Island pretty well but this will be first time bringing the ev
I can’t say I know this actual place but I drive by there regularly & Bembridge is a gorgeous place

One place I do know well in Bembridge ( if you & family are fans of seafood ) is The Crab & Lobster Inn but not a lot of car parking spaces so can be tricky to park at busy times

I’d say you’ll have no issues charging your car. Good selection of public chargers now & as I said, there’s new ones up & running now that are not showing on my Zapmap app

Range anxiety on the Isle of Wight - love it 😁👍
I’ve got no regrets with my Long Range Trophy but now I know what I know I would have had no issues in the Standard Range

But I am thankful now at the time of choosing my MG4 there wasn’t an Extended Range sitting in the showroom because I would have got that just to be on the safe side 🤣

I’ve got no regrets with my Long Range Trophy but now I know what I know I would have had no issues in the Standard Range

But I am thankful now at the time of choosing my MG4 there wasn’t an Extended Range sitting in the showroom because I would have got that just to be on the safe side 🤣
Always best to be on the safe side 👍.
I've spent the last 4years with a 30 kWh Kia Soul. Brilliant vehicle, not a single issue.
However I was doing a 500+mile round trip every six weeks, 250 miles each way. Initially I was recharging ( CHAdeMO, not so many chargers) every 50 or so miles, just to be on the safe side, 4-5 charge stops each way. Worst I ever experienced was arriving at Jamaica Inn, Bodmin in the middle of 70mph storm at 2100hrs in the middle of winter with 2 miles left on the GOM. I didn't know whether to have a heart attack or vomit!! 😱. Literally 14 miles to the next ( highly unreliable) charge station.
Over the last 18 Month found out if I just take it easy ( up to 60mph(ish)), I could comfortably manage 80 miles between chargers - that and the increased number of chargers out there. I can now do it in 3 charge stops 😁👍.
Well, no. Now that I've traded the dear old Soul in for an MG4 se lr I should be able to do it in none 🥇.... Although there may be a wee, coffee and cake stop during which time I'll take a top up.

Always best to be on the safe side 👍.
I've spent the last 4years with a 30 kWh Kia Soul. Brilliant vehicle, not a single issue.
However I was doing a 500+mile round trip every six weeks, 250 miles each way. Initially I was recharging ( CHAdeMO, not so many chargers) every 50 or so miles, just to be on the safe side, 4-5 charge stops each way. Worst I ever experienced was arriving at Jamaica Inn, Bodmin in the middle of 70mph storm at 2100hrs in the middle of winter with 2 miles left on the GOM. I didn't know whether to have a heart attack or vomit!! 😱. Literally 14 miles to the next ( highly unreliable) charge station.
Over the last 18 Month found out if I just take it easy ( up to 60mph(ish)), I could comfortably manage 80 miles between chargers - that and the increased number of chargers out there. I can now do it in 3 charge stops 😁👍.
Well, no. Now that I've traded the dear old Soul in for an MG4 se lr I should be able to do it in none 🥇.... Although there may be a wee, coffee and cake stop during which time I'll take a top up.
If that would have been me I’d vomit then heart attack straight after 😂

When I literally last minute decided on an EV, wife picked the colour & it was her friend who said ( she has a Kia EV6 )

“Once Adam gets over the range anxiety he will love it” & she was 100% right

It’s funny though, since owning it I’ve had a few comments not from people against EVs, their intrigued but like me didn’t/don’t know much about them

“But they don’t go very far” … When I tell them the miles mine can do & other models/makes can do more they looked shocked

I think the best comments are ones like

“What if the battery runs out”

I once honestly had to think of a way of replying & not sounding sarcastic & saying

“Well if your daft enough to be driving it when it’s showing 1% & not planning on a charge ASAP then an EV probably isn’t for you”

Do they actually think about it & ask themselves “what if a run out of petrol/diesel?”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mocking them, I’m still learning myself but it is funny the mindset of a lot of people regarding EVs but slowly but surely more are jumping on board. Well definitely here on the Isle of Wight, especially the last 12 months I’m seeing a lot more on the road

I actually saw my first in the flesh BMW IX M50 today in M&S car park. I know a lot don’t like the design but to me it was gorgeous but slightly out of my price range 😂

If that would have been me I’d vomit then heart attack straight after 😂

When I literally last minute decided on an EV, wife picked the colour & it was her friend who said ( she has a Kia EV6 )

“Once Adam gets over the range anxiety he will love it” & she was 100% right

It’s funny though, since owning it I’ve had a few comments not from people against EVs, their intrigued but like me didn’t/don’t know much about them

“But they don’t go very far” … When I tell them the miles mine can do & other models/makes can do more they looked shocked

I think the best comments are ones like

“What if the battery runs out”

I once honestly had to think of a way of replying & not sounding sarcastic & saying

“Well if your daft enough to be driving it when it’s showing 1% & not planning on a charge ASAP then an EV probably isn’t for you”

Do they actually think about it & ask themselves “what if a run out of petrol/diesel?”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mocking them, I’m still learning myself but it is funny the mindset of a lot of people regarding EVs but slowly but surely more are jumping on board. Well definitely here on the Isle of Wight, especially the last 12 months I’m seeing a lot more on the road

I actually saw my first in the flesh BMW IX M50 today in M&S car park. I know a lot don’t like the design but to me it was gorgeous but slightly out of my price range 😂
I will bet it’s nice blasting it along the military road, well if it hasn’t fallen into the sea yet. By the way we know the Crab & Lobster well and often walk to it. Me and the Mrs like a beer or 10😀

I will bet it’s nice blasting it along the military road, well if it hasn’t fallen into the sea yet. By the way we know the Crab & Lobster well and often walk to it. Me and the Mrs like a beer or 10😀
It’s still the road to go to on the island if you want to let’s say go a bit above your average speed & most of it is still there ( just )

They are talking about closing part of it & building a new road, maybe a tunnel so the part most at risk of collapsing can stop being used

I mean it’s kind of worrying, they have sensors on one part of the highest points of the road so if it detects movement you will have 2 sets of traffic lights that will show red. Now these traffic lights are now roughly 1000 yards apart. Now just say your halfway between the 2 lights & it then detects movement? Worth thinking about 😬

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back