MG4 Trophy Wireless Phone Charger

PHB2801

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
After test driving the Trophy, I noticed the wireless phone charger has very little lip to stop the phone sliding off at the first bend. One review of the car also mentions this. Anyone who has taken delivery found this n issue?

Is there not a rubberised mat on that shelf? (My phone has a gel-type case so would "adhere" quite well to a rubberised mat).

Is there not a rubberised mat on that shelf? (My phone has a gel-type case so would "adhere" quite well to a rubberised mat).
Yes, a bobbly one but not very secure by all accounts and possibly dangerous if the phone slides onto the floor at the drivers side.

After test driving the Trophy, I noticed the wireless phone charger has very little lip to stop the phone sliding off at the first bend. One review of the car also mentions this. Anyone who has taken delivery found this n issue?
Amazon product ASIN B06Y252SJP
Use this cut to size in my car. Wireless charging still works fine.

As a matter of interest how did you guys thread your phone cable through to the shelf, did you poke something through to open a gap in the mat or did you peel the mat off or something ?
My rubber mat seems to be glued in place making it difficult to just push the cable through on its own. The mat on my old ZS was free to lift up.

In my case I used a large, flat-blade screwdriver pushed through from underneath to push off the mat. I then fed the USB cable (phone end) up through the hole, fed it through the slot in the mat, refitted the mat (it simply presses down and clips into place), and then coiled the cable to tidy it up.

As I'm using a magnetic connector cable, I also coiled and tied the top side so I simply need to place the phone on the mat and the cable effectively auto-connects. :)

I just lifted the mat off, fed the phone end of the cable up from underneath through the hole, slid it into the appropriate hole on the mat, and pressed the mat down again.

I pushed the matt up from underneath and popped it off, laid the cable and then threaded it through the matt which pops down quite firmly to secure. Unless they have changed it, it is not glued, just needs a firm effort.

As a matter of interest how did you guys thread your phone cable through to the shelf, did you poke something through to open a gap in the mat or did you peel the mat off or something ?
My rubber mat seems to be glued in place making it difficult to just push the cable through on its own. The mat on my old ZS was free to lift up.
Watch my video - I've added chapters to make it easy for you.

0:56 how to remove the pad
1:41 threading a wire through easily

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I didn't realise it was fixed down with those pop off thingies, I'll give it a bit more effort.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back