Mg4 tyre pressure

ms6189

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows the recommended tyre pressure (bar or psi) for the MG4 se? Currently my car is showing 2.5 for all tires

1689779203022.png

It's in the manual.

I grabbed the PDF from the MG website and put it in Google Drive so I can easily find it whenever.

Mine were set at 2.6 bar cold from new.
(37.7098 psi to be pedantic 😉 :LOL: )
They go up as far as 2.7 bar on a very hot day.

Thanks, car states 25 on the on the driver door pillar. So I'll deflate to that
Google Bard (!) tells me:

The acceptable tolerances for your car's tire pressure are typically 20% above or below the recommended pressure. So, for a recommended pressure of 2.5 bar, the acceptable range would be 2 bar to 3 bar.

The indicator on the pump in the boot certainly isn't precise enough to tell 2.5 from 2.7.

Google Bard (!) tells me:

The indicator on the pump in the boot certainly isn't precise enough to tell 2.5 from 2.7.
Possibly +/- 20% is ok for safety purposes, ie tyre overheating if under inflated or bursting if over, but that could give a 40% variation between wheels if one is +20 and one is -20% which would drastically unbalance the car.

My previous car was a GTi and there were long discussions about ideal pressures on the forums. The door plate said 36 psi, most drivers agreed 37 was optimum, any higher and it affected the harshness of potholes and speed humps, any lower than 36 and it affected handling.

I think the most important thing is to set them when the tyres are cold, and to ensure the pressures are not lower than the recommended pressure, and probably not more than 1psi higher than recommended. The tyres on each axle (and indeed all 4 wheels on the MG as the pressure should be the same on all) should be to within 1 psi of each other too.

It does need an accurate gauge, I have a Ring 12v digital inflator from amazon which has been checked against other gauges and is very accurate. And it does the hard work for me too, inflating to a pre set pressure, powered from the 12v socket.

It does need an accurate gauge, I have a Ring 12v digital inflator from amazon which has been checked against other gauges and is very accurate. And it does the hard work for me too, inflating to a pre set pressure, powered from the 12v socket.
Off the top of my head I can't recall the make of mine ... but ditto - that's what I do.

Mine's a Ring, same as Martin's, I bought it a few years back after seeing good reviews of it.
I've also bought a rechargeable one off Temu for £2, it was 90% off the price as an introductory offer from Temu, I've yet to try it out.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back