MG4 USB Cables

EV enthusiast

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Evening all, can anyone recommend the correct length, type and a good quality usb cables to use in the MG4, that will go through the holes provided in the charging tray, without being to long or short.

Evening all, can anyone recommend the correct length, type and a good quality usb cables to use in the MG4, that will go through the holes provided in the charging tray, without being to long or short.
With regard to length, I found 50cm was perfect if going up through the holes. To be honest, now, I dont route the cable through to the charging tray, I find it fiddly plugging in up there so I just have the phone plugged in and sitting in the centre console instead 🤷🏼‍♂️

My phone is in a gel case so it stays quite secure on the shelf. I have a magnetic plug fitted to the phone, and a magnetic cable routed up through the shelf and coiled - that means I simply need to lie the phone on the shelf and it essentially auto-connects. Photos at the link below:

My phone is in a gel case so it stays quite secure on the shelf. I have a magnetic plug fitted to the phone, and a magnetic cable routed up through the shelf and coiled - that means I simply need to lie the phone on the shelf and it essentially auto-connects. Photos at the link below:

Thanks for that very useful information👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel