MG4 V2L cable

I wonder if, as they sell a car stated to have V2L as a feature which can't actually be used with the car as supplied, that maybe when you get it there'll be a sticker on the car stating 'batteries not included'. 😂

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wonder if, as they sell a car stated to have V2L as a feature which can't actually be used with the car as supplied, that maybe when you get it there'll be a sticker on the car stating 'batteries not included'. 😂
The car is sold as supporting Fast Charging, but is only supplied as standard with a granny lead. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t support it?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I might be being a bit judgy and premature here, The MG V2L is "frighteningly expensive" but the one on eBay just looks frightening!
I haven't got my car yet, and haven't bought a V2L cable, but ones who have it on their ZS and, I hope, know their stuff on electrics, say the device is really simple and they've even made their own. So the MG version looks posh, but it's no different inside. A quick search round the forum should pull up the various threads. As an alternative, evcables.co.uk have one that looks prettier which is between the two, price-wise.

We have a power cut. Apparently they will have the power back on a few hours :-(

Ah, we have the ZS EV with a V2L cable.

TV, Broadband and lamp all working :)

CC429279-9D33-40AE-99B5-C24B56BBA4D0.jpeg

Well, I've done the experiment of ordering the cheaper option, with the socket for Oz vehicles, via eBay. All good until I tested it. I get an error message that the discharge cable is not connected. Perhaps I am missing something?

Attachments

• V2L adaptor in socket.jpg
    V2L adaptor in socket.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 180
  • V2l adaptor_error msg.jpg
    V2l adaptor_error msg.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 173
  • V2L adaptor via eBay.jpg
    V2L adaptor via eBay.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 175
Looks like the resistance between the PP and the Earth is the wrong value - it should be 460 Ohm. Have you purchased an MG specific one or a general one?
The error shown implies that it's a resistance that tells the car to expect a charge.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel