MG4 Weird scheduled charging behaviour

deanhalllincoln

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi All

I have seen some very strange scheduled charging behaviour in my Trophy. I use Octopus Go tariff and charge the car from 00:30 to 04:30 and set the car to these times. Normally speaking this works fine however, occasionally the car will charge at different times without any reason to do so.

Couple of nights ago I set the car to charge in the usual way and when I got up in the morning it had charged up to 80% as I expected. I left the car plugged in as had no reason to use the car.

I then find out later that day the car had started charging of its own accord and charged up to 100%. The following electricity usage graph clearly shows the use.

Anyone else experienced this behaviour and figured out why it’s doing it?

by the way I have a “dumb” charge point at home that I cannot schedule a charge period on the charger and not looking to change the charge point, so not looking for suggestions for that solution.

E3D61573-19E1-4642-BCF4-E9D0B13BEFD2.jpeg

Scheduled charging was broken on my Trophy, unable to use as it was so random. I am still awaiting advice on fix from dealer. As it happens, it doesn’t affect me greatly as I charge at home with a smart charger so use the scheduler on that. I would like the scheduled charging fix though. No news yet.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back