MG4 Wheels

Not checked mine (haven't taken off the aero covers) but I'm not expecting to find any.

Several reviews of the MG4 have commented on this fact.

No locking nuts.
No one steals alloys these days, especially the dull as ditchwater 17” things on the 4.
The covers are a more attractive theft option than the wheels.
That just about sums it up !! Never come across the ' cover' option before.
Changing from a Honda e to MG 4 ...a whole new experience

They are aero covers. Many ev’s have them to improve air flow.

Even the upgraded model 3's don't have them, performance has 20 inch alloys and the long range can have 18s with aero's or 19 inch alloys

Well I think that the plastic wheel covers are a good idea. My current car unfortunately has kerb damage to all 4 wheels. And they can cost quite a lot to repair. Dealer says the MG4 aero covers are under £50 to replace. What is not too like.

Just don't kerb it🤔 judge the distance!

I don't think the plastic covers are there as the first line of defence against kerbing. They will get scruffier quicker than alloys being scraped against kerbs and who wants to shell out £50 a pop to replace them when you don't have too. There's a simple answer

Well I think that the plastic wheel covers are a good idea. My current car unfortunately has kerb damage to all 4 wheels. And they can cost quite a lot to repair. Dealer says the MG4 aero covers are under £50 to replace. What is not too like.

Most companies just fit nice alloys to begin with.
MG have decided bad alloys and then covers are a better idea.
I don’t really mind as the covers look good, but it’s a bit weird.

On the subject of nice alloys, I came across a youtube vid where an MG4 had some aftermarket aero style alloy wheels fitted and to my eye they were fairly similar in style to the standard MG aero wheel covers. Could be a potential option for some who are looking to upgrade to something in keeping with the originals aesthetic. Certainly a shame the cost saving translates to a lack of official wheel options.

cms_19_aero_alloy_01.JPG
cms_19_aero_alloy_02.JPG
cms_19_aero_alloy_03.JPG

Last edited:
On the subject of nice alloys, I came across a youtube vid where an MG4 had some aftermarket aero style alloy wheels fitted and to my eye they were fairly similar in style to the standard MG aero wheel covers. Could be a potential option for some who are looking to upgrade to something in keeping with the originals aesthetic. Certainly a shame the cost saving translates to a lack of official wheel options.

View attachment 14303View attachment 14304

Nice, they look like 18s or 19s
I fitted 18” Qashqai wheels to my leaf.

Attachments

• 1F7F7704-4FB4-493A-AFE0-FED8E9E1924F.jpeg
    1F7F7704-4FB4-493A-AFE0-FED8E9E1924F.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 239
Yeah 19's in the pics/video although searching them up on the interwebs it looks like you can get them in 18's also if you prefer a bit more rubber.
Hard to believe those are 18's in your Leaf pic, that chunky boi makes them look like 15s... but thats evs for you. 😅

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back