MG4 window stickers

ippy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have 7 year warranty and dealer stickers on the inside of my rear window, over the heating element.
Has anyone moved these to a more suitable location, or removed them completely?

I did my ZS ones on a hot Summer's day. Parked the car with the sun on the rear screen to warm the glue, switched the heater rear window on, then carefully and slowly peeled them off.
If you do it cold then there's more chance of pulling the heater strips off with it.

Gentle heat is the key but it's even better to think about these obtrusive items at purchase time.
When I bought my MG5 I made it very clear that there should be no advertising stickers unless they wanted to enter into an advertising deal with me. Result - no stickers!

Gentle heat is the key but it's even better to think about these obtrusive items at purchase time.
When I bought my MG5 I made it very clear that there should be no advertising stickers unless they wanted to enter into an advertising deal with me. Result - no stickers!
100% correct @Alb .
I removed them from our ZS EV Gen 1 within the first couple of days and did likewise on our ZS Gen2 facelift.
I get that they want to promote the 7 year warranty etc.
But sticking them over the heater elements of the HRW is just madness !.
These HRW elements are actually on the inside surface of the glass.
If any of these lines are broken by even 1mm then affectively that section of the HRW is totally inoperative !.
NEVER ever use any type of scraper to remove these stickers !.
Apply heat and remove them slowly and gently.
Do it as soon as possible as they tend to get harder to remove as they age !.

I would probably have left them on had they not faded to white, but it looked a bit silly with these blank white squares on the window.

Removed my dealer sticker same day I got the car as it was poking out behind the headrest in the rear view mirror and my OCD was running havoc with me.
Thought it was better to do before it took a real hold on the glass too.

I've left the 7 year one on as I cant see it in the mirror
to be honest with the privacy glass you can barely see them from the outside anyway, so kinda no point in either being there.

Last edited:
I emailed my dealer to say I'd accept their details on the number plate but there are to be no stickers or any other advertising on the vehicle, especially over the HRW element. I'll discover whether they've abided by my demands in a couple of weeks :)

I have 7 year warranty and dealer stickers on the inside of my rear window, over the heating element.
Has anyone moved these to a more suitable location, or removed them completely?
Used the hairdryer as suggested, came off without any problems.
Just wish I could sort the iSMART app now.
Won’t bond with my car and phone number not recognised. Dealer visit today got me no where.

Won’t bond with my car and phone number not recognised. Dealer visit today got me no where.
I couldn't set up with phone number
Do it via email, mine went straight in with the email set up.
also make sure the QR code you scan is the right one.
I think the first QR shown is one to take you to the app store rather than the car QR code for binding

I think the first QR shown is one to take you to the app store rather than the car QR code for binding
Someone on another thread said you need the small one next to the third step on the screen.

I emailed my dealer to say I'd accept their details on the number plate but there are to be no stickers or any other advertising on the vehicle, especially over the HRW element. I'll discover whether they've abided by my demands in a couple of weeks :)
I think it is now a legal requirement to have who ever made the plates details on it but like you I don't want their advertising stuck on the windows etc.

Ye I took the Mg Dealership one off. Sorry but just because I bought the car from you I don't want to be driving around advertising your business. If I bought something from Amazon I wouldn't expect them to plaster their stickers all over my product.

I think it is now a legal requirement to have who ever made the plates details on it but like you I don't want their advertising stuck on the windows etc.
You're right to an extent ... but I don't think it needs to be as prominent as dealers like to make them. (I recall discussion elsewhere about only a small mark being needed that was machine-readable).

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

you are aware that there must be some form of Identification where the number plates have been made, as an eagle eye police can impose a fine :).

you are aware that there must be some form of Identification where the number plates have been made, as an eagle eye police can impose a fine :).
There are ways and means of including the required information - some ways are more prominent and can be construed as advertising. ;)

More annoying than a window sticker, we've got a sticker on the paintwork. I wouldn't mind, but it's not particularly straight!

Any tips for removal, without the paint coming with it?

Attachments

• IMG-20221128-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20221128-WA0000.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 115

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member