MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

Well the installer was out today and it didn't go well.
Apparently my meter box is too small to take the additional gubbins for the charger.
I'm now going to have to get a new meter box and arrange for a revisit.
At least he was able to fix the charger to the wall.
Surely I'm not the only one this has happened to!

You probably need a satellite consumer unit linked to the original. However I'm surprised that this wasn't all understood long before the installer arrived ... when I got my wall box I sent the installer photos of all relevant things (incoming fuse rating [100A in my case], consumer unit - including physical location, surrounding space, and existing usage, earthing, proposed location for the wall box, description of cable routing from CU to wall box, etc.) Didn't they ask you for any of that sort of stuff?

Yes!
I'm getting a Podpoint a part of the lease deal - when I booked the install they asked for photos of the meterbox, physical location, where I wanted the charger - all of that.
The installer came today and didn't seem to have any of that - he said he's the only Podpoint engineer in Northern Ireland so he'll be coming back to finish it.
I'm not sure why being in NI would be any different - I'd expect the engineer to get all the relevant information before he calls but maybe it was just a one off!
Hopefully I'll be able to get a handyman to sort it out for me soon enough.
Still expecting the car on 3rd May so not too much of a rush

Well the installer was out today and it didn't go well.
Apparently my meter box is too small to take the additional gubbins for the charger.
I'm now going to have to get a new meter box and arrange for a revisit.
At least he was able to fix the charger to the wall.
Surely I'm not the only one this has happened to!

That's bad news 😒 I had to take a lot of measures beforehand to make room in my meter box (including sending photos). They instructed me that an isolator switch must be installed prior to the EV Charger installer coming to fit it. It can be a bit of a minefield as apparently the "area" within the meter box belongs to the powergrid company for your area (Northern Powergrid in my case). Luckily Northern Powergrid did agree to come out and fit the isolator switch and make a bit of of room. I read they are the only ones permitted to take the fuse out of the main supply box and then "reseal" it afterwards. However strictly speaking the EV Charger CU should not really be placed in the meter box and should be placed elsewhere (although they tend to turn a blind eye to it - see video below)

I've recently just had a smart meter installed and again that was a nightmare as the EV Charger Installer had taken up a lot of room with Henley Blocks and the EV Charger CU. Fortunately my old Economy 7 meter was faullty and needed replacing and the British Gas Engineer kindly moved things around again to get the much larger smart meter installed. They also installed a new Gas Smart Meter (both SMETS 2).

My own meter box is inside the house and above the front door. The meter and fuses are all in the same 'box'.
It's an old house (1905) and nothing has been changed since I moved in 20 years ago!
Hopefully the picture is attached and you can see what I mean

Attachments

• IMG_20240315_104213.jpg
    IMG_20240315_104213.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 49
Well I had the phone call today to say that they will be coming on 22nd April to take away my Peugeot e2008 and drop off my X-power. (They're both through a salary sacrifice lease arrangement)

Looking forward to a change, and fingers crossed mine is one of the better ones in terms of annoying issues.

Well I had the phone call today to say that they will be coming on 22nd April to take away my Peugeot e2008 and drop off my X-power. (They're both through a salary sacrifice lease arrangement)

Looking forward to a change, and fingers crossed mine is one of the better ones in terms of annoying issues.

And then you woke up.

Hey!!! Only kidding.
You might get lucky 🤣

Whoever your nearest dealer is should be told about the vibes asap.

You never know, you might be one of the owners who doesn't notice anything.

I just hope you've got it in the Fastest Colour?

(Racing Green OBVs.)👍

Last edited:
And then you woke up.

Hey!!! Only kidding.
You might get lucky 🤣

Whoever your nearest dealer is should be told about the vibes asap.

You never know, you might be one of the owners who doesn't notice anything.

I just hope you've got it in the Fastest Colour?

(Racing Green OBVs.)👍
I expect I’ll notice it to some degree, as I’m quite sensitive to what a car is doing. It’s more a case of exactly how annoying it is and how often I can feel it on my daily commute.

Mine is white, as I wasn’t willing to pay extra for a different colour, so that left only white or bright blue. And I’ve already got one bright blue car on the drive 😂

I expect I’ll notice it to some degree, as I’m quite sensitive to what a car is doing. It’s more a case of exactly how annoying it is and how often I can feel it on my daily commute.

Mine is white, as I wasn’t willing to pay extra for a different colour, so that left only white or bright blue. And I’ve already got one bright blue car on the drive 😂

White paint is a joy to look after IMO, and despite it being a bit slower I doubt you will care!👍🤣

It's a great all round package and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.👍

White paint is a joy to look after IMO, and despite it being a bit slower I doubt you will care!👍🤣

It's a great all round package and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.👍
My existing car is black, so nothing is worse than that to look after.
Plus I’m fairly well equipped to keep cars looking their best….

Good job there on the Tesla ... I find it quite satisfying polishing out swirls to get a perfect finish. Does take a while though !! I used to do it for friiends cars but too much like hard work now I'm older !!

View attachment 24989

That a lovely side by side comparison shot m8👍

Delivered yesterday, had a little run out ot Bamburgh castle and back. LKA seemed to only bother me on cruise control.

View attachment 25014

Looks Lovely!

Don't worry, it will bother you ACC or not.

Give it time and plenty of road marking variations to play with.

Any vibes?

When you have done a few 100 miles m8 why not add a 'report' to X Power Roll Call ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom