MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

I've noticed on AutoTrader MG4 X Power's
Under 30 grand are selling quite well, particularly the Green ones. So obviously they are not bothered about the vibes, presuming they know about it. Hell of a lot of motor for that price. Think there was someone on here got one for about 25 grand (private sale) 🙂👍

Well that’s at least 4 ordered now :)
The delivery race is on!
Ordered mine as a nearly new one instant delivery lol😃

Just ordered our X-Power today - obviously gone for racing green to get the best 0-60 time!

Collecting in around 2 weeks. Happy with the deal - £5.5k off list price after some very hard haggling.
That’s a great deal mines only a used one 13k off list price

Yep, some great deals about on nearly new Xpowers and lots of stock too (87 on Autotrader at the mo).

Well - I got the call today.
My car is with the dealer & will be ready for collection on Wed, great timing as the guy is coming back to complete the charger installation on Monday.
I'm actually considering booking the day off work so I can take some time and 'get used to the new car'!

Well - I got the call today.
My car is with the dealer & will be ready for collection on Wed, great timing as the guy is coming back to complete the charger installation on Monday.
I'm actually considering booking the day off work so I can take some time and 'get used to the new car'!
Really hope you get one of the good ones on the vibe front. Best of luck and enjoy!

I took delivery of a new grey Xpower last week and wow! What an amazing car!

20240505_231217.jpg

I've only had it a few days but I'm incredibly impressed. A little disclaimer - I've never driven an EV before and I didn't bother test driving any others so I can't compare the Xpower to any of its contemporaries but just my past car owning history.

Firstly the best bit - the acceleration. The figures on paper give no indication of the adrenalin rush it gives you. It's absolutely mad and completely over the top, but I love it. It's so satisfying. Haven't attempted launch mode yet but put my foot down a few times when it's safe to do. From ~10mph to 40mph almost makes me light headed. Last time that happened was in a rollercoaster.

The rest of it - the drive is lovely. Smooth, happy at any speed and so easy to drive. Passengers might never have any idea of what it is capable of. It is going to be perfect for school runs, long trips, bombing it up and down A-roads and country lanes. Everything.

Getting my head round the technology, how to charge, using the app, the touchscreen and so on. All pretty good, a bit fiddly but I'll get used to that in time. Took me a day and consulting the manual before I worked out how to move the seat backwards and forwards! One of the levers is four-directional. I didn't realize!

Complaints - very little. No vibrations, no undertray dip, trim and interior all seem to be in place. Turned the indicator volume down as the default was way too loud for me! LKA seems very subtle. I really can't imagine needing to turn it off. I wonder why so many are having issues with it? Software update perhaps? I wish it would remember more of the driving mode settings, especially one-pedal driving. But I'll probably assign that to one of the fave buttons and driving mode for the other.

I expect I'll have lots of questions as I use it more. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took delivery of a new grey Xpower last week and wow! What an amazing car!

View attachment 26309

I've only had it a few days but I'm incredibly impressed. A little disclaimer - I've never driven an EV before and I didn't bother test driving any others so I can't compare the Xpower to any of its contemporaries but just my past car owning history.

Firstly the best bit - the acceleration. The figures on paper give no indication of the adrenalin rush it gives you. It's absolutely mad and completely over the top, but I love it. It's so satisfying. Haven't attempted launch mode yet but put my foot down a few times when it's safe to do. From ~10mph to 40mph almost makes me light headed. Last time that happened was in a rollercoaster.

The rest of it - the drive is lovely. Smooth, happy at any speed and so easy to drive. Passengers might never have any idea of what it is capable of. It is going to be perfect for school runs, long trips, bombing it up and down A-roads and country lanes. Everything.

Getting my head round the technology, how to charge, using the app, the touchscreen and so on. All pretty good, a bit fiddly but I'll get used to that in time. Took me a day and consulting the manual before I worked out how to move the seat backwards and forwards! One of the levers is four-directional. I didn't realize!

Complaints - very little. No vibrations, no undertray dip, trim and interior all seem to be in place. Turned the indicator volume down as the default was way too loud for me! LKA seems very subtle. I really can't imagine needing to turn it off. I wonder why so many are having issues with it? Software update perhaps? I wish it would remember more of the driving mode settings, especially one-pedal driving. But I'll probably assign that to one of the fave buttons and driving mode for the other.

I expect I'll have lots of questions as I use it more. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions previously.

Have a look at the "Jerry Pan and cars" YouTube channel lots of how to guides on there

Glad your liking your car and dont have the dreaded vibes etc.

Just remember to use the Search function, lots of issues/questions have been answered numerous times before.

Grey does look nice. I'm thinking about going white when I finally get round to buying one though, it's the only colour I haven't had for a car yet, apart from that lairy orange and the nice green. The green's not an option though, I want to fly under the radar as much as possible and you can hardly do that in green and orange!

White was a close second for me, followed by green. I'd be happy with any of those three but I went for grey for the stealthier choice and it fits in with neighbourhood! I was so close to picking green as stands out so well without being in your face. I was put off as my green test car was pretty grubby so it took the edge off the wow factor for me.

I've seen many people on here with well looked after green Xpowers though and they do look truly amazing. I'm very happy with grey though. I am keen to keep it clean and polished as much as possible without getting too carried away. Haven't seen another Xpower in the wild yet! (a few SE and Trophies though)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom