MG4 X-Power Orders & Delivery

They can vary daily but mine’s £397 for 4 years and 15,000 miles/annum. That’s all in including insurance and maintenance with no deposit 😁 (42% tax payer)

Ok, thanks both - 15k mileage is closer to what I would need. These are gross costs, right? I am in a lower tax band, so a bit more for me to pay :(

Can I be cheeky and ask someone to check the monthly cost of a trophy long range at 15k miles/annum through Tusker? :D

The prices are net not gross, gross would be in the region of £600.

Just changed tusker settings to 32% tax (20% income and 12% NI) and these are the figures for blue/white with 15,000 miles pa

Xpower £449
Trophy long range £424
Small battery SE £373

Price variance will also be affected by insurance risk (age/address/extra driver) and whether you want indie or main dealer servicing and any relief car.

Thanks for all of the input. I would go for the same. I'm 40 but would add my wife as a second driver who is the same age.

Looks like I will need to crunch the numbers when my employer finishes setting up their arrangement with Tusker.

Beginning to think the 22nd Sept date quoted was just 3 months to the day from ordering but I’m also quietly hopeful. Wishful thinking most likely as there will be delays in there somewhere for transporting and checking etc but still… it COULD happen. (Also 22nd might be the docking date not dealer 🤷)

Saw a White MG4 XPower on Friday, only way to tell was the orange brake caliper covers. Looked nice - happy with my choice of green though. Still waiting for delivery date.

Ok, thanks both - 15k mileage is closer to what I would need. These are gross costs, right? I am in a lower tax band, so a bit more for me to pay :(

Can I be cheeky and ask someone to check the monthly cost of a trophy long range at 15k miles/annum through Tusker? :D

This shows the confusion with salary sacrifice and why it’s not as attractive as people may think.
£400 a month makes people think that’s the gross amount as they expect salary sacrifice to make more of an impact than that.
And it shows how they ‘load’ the gross cost, as no one is going to pay £600 a month for an X-power.
It seems to me they just pick a net monthly cost ‘slightly below’ market and then adjust the gross amount accordingly.

This shows the confusion with salary sacrifice and why it’s not as attractive as people may think.
£400 a month makes people think that’s the gross amount as they expect salary sacrifice to make more of an impact than that.
And it shows how they ‘load’ the gross cost, as no one is going to pay £600 a month for an X-power.
It seems to me they just pick a net monthly cost ‘slightly below’ market and then adjust the gross amount accordingly.
The net is a bit more than ‘slightly below’ market though isn’t it?

On the ‘slightly below’ market perception it will obviously depend on your tax code. For me it’s definitely worthwhile.

My net is £355 (including green paint) for 3 years and 7500 miles pa. Gross is £587.
No deposit required and includes servicing/tyres/insurance.

Just had a look at LeaseLoco - one month deposit down and over 3 years and 8k miles pa is £457/month. Don’t think that includes insurance / servicing / tyres.

So you are worse off to the tune of £457 upfront, £102 per month and three years of insurance, servicing, tyres.
Allowing for a set of tyres, 3 years of insurance and servicing would likely be over £5500 saved over the three years.

Plus it will also reduce the amount of personal allowance I lose, which would mean the saving would be even more.

Last edited:
Afternoon all - new to the forum and thought I would add my details to the table for info. Ordered through my works lease car scheme.

NameOrderedColourDealerStatus
BrettusJune 22ndVolcano OrangeAcorn CreweLate Sept!
Seamust1000June 24thRacing GreenHoward's TauntonBeing Built
BartlettJuly 26thRedHoward's Yeovil
lsb777August 21stBlack PearlTusker (dealer TBC)Est January 24
pickleAugust 11thRacing GreenSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est 20/11/23
domsimAugust 16thWhiteSal sac (Dealer TBC)Est October/November
TychoAugust 23rdRacing GreenLex (dealer tbc)Est end Oct
Cymro333August 25thWhiteTusker (Stonecare)Est Late November
SajymundoAugust 21stRacing GreenLex (Dealer TBC)Est Nov
TTooedAugust 24thRacing GreenNovuna (Holdcroft MG)Est 31/10/23

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video