Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Just a bit of fun Chaps. (Any Chapesses?)

If you want to add your vehicle and any modifications you have carried out that would be great.

I am genuinely interested to see what you have done (or not done) to your cars.👍

My car is in Racing Green which I adore, and is a fascinating colour to see in the
flesh.

20240102_124029.jpg

I fitted front and rear dash cameras for peace of mind.

I liked the front blade trims so added them along with a blacked out MG front badge cover.

20240114_142543.jpg

20240114_142620.jpg

Too Phat for some 🤣

Next up was an LED interior light package which gives some welcome illumination in the rear of the car.

20231115_202435.jpg

I also changed the front courtesy lights for LED items.

A rubber mat set was next, front and rear which is essential for me living at the end of a country lane.

Next up came a Quadlock phone mount.
It's what I use on my motorbike, so I knew it would be great in the car.

20231111_193609.jpg

20231111_193319.jpg

My tyres were up next, something I would have done anyway, regardless of the vibe issue, which as you may know, has virtually eliminated them in my case.

20231229_114112.jpg

The new tyres have also put paid to any more off roading I was planning on doing.

Screenshot_20231213_225102_Gallery.jpg

🤣

I am extremely happy with my car at the moment but do have a couple of other mods in the pipeline for the future. 👍

Edit: I forgot to add....
LEDs, for the rear indicators and reversing lights.
Mud Flaps.
Driver Visor Extender.
Centre console storage tray.
Black X Power Badge.

Last edited:
Too Phat for some 🤣
You’re STILL sensitive about your (font) weight? I SAID I was sorry 🤣

Anyway, get that badge in shape with a quick dip 😝

PS package as a whole looks top notch 👌 you opted for tasteful addons. Mines a little more tat-tastic but I’ll get a post up shortly.

I'm a massive fan of the pilot sport series, always had the 4's and moved on to the 5's when they were released on my modded Mazda 3. I recently had to replace the rears due to a puncture on the sidewall so opted for the primacy 4+ as my mg4 trophy is my daily runner now and my missus has started driving the Mazda. Opted for these as the ride is a little too firm for the missus on the Mazda and I must admit they do have a slightly comfier ride to them and so far feel like the grip matches the 5's. The primacy do have a slightly more pliable side wall to push them as more of a daily driver/touring tyre so not quite as aggressive and responsive as the 5's with rapid direction changes but they never feel in the slightest like they're wallowy. (I know wallowy isn't a proper word moderators but please leave it in as it paints the best picture.)

Just a bit of fun Chaps. (Any Chapesses?)

If you want to add your vehicle and any modifications you have carried out that would be great.

I am genuinely interested to see what you have done (or not done) to your cars.👍

My car is in Racing Green which I adore, and is a fascinating colour to see in the
flesh.

View attachment 23186

I fitted front and rear dash cameras for peace of mind.

I liked the front blade trims so added them along with a blacked out MG front badge cover.

View attachment 23187
View attachment 23188

Too Phat for some 🤣

Next up was an LED interior light package which gives some welcome illumination in the rear of the car.

View attachment 23191

I also changed the front courtesy lights for LED items.

A rubber mat set was next, front and rear which is essential for me living at the end of a country lane.

Next up came a Quadlock phone mount.
It's what I use on my motorbike, so I knew it would be great in the car.

View attachment 23189
View attachment 23190

My tyres were up next, something I would have done anyway, regardless of the vibe issue, which as you may know, has virtually eliminated them in my case.

View attachment 23192

The new tyres have also put paid to any more off roading I was planning on doing.

View attachment 23193
🤣

I am extremely happy with my car at the moment but do have a couple of other mods in the pipeline for the future. 👍
Brilliant! Nice bit of modding. Can't beat a bit of tinkering in my opinion. Nothing to daft mind. Got a few plans for mine, when I get it. 🙂👍 Bet I can guess at least One of your proposed mods. 😉

I personally like and have fitted front chrome grille's, some thought they minded them too much of a ford focus/fiesta but I think they suit the car very well

Looks great Bricktop 😍. Very envious of those tyres !! .. I really need to get some👍

Here's some pics of my metallic Camden Grey XPower and the mods made so far.

Car as new :-

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

The first mod I made was to paint the brake caliper covers black. I know many like them orange but I was'nt a fan and prefer to stay "under the radar" in Stealth mode as much as possible . 😎😎😊

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

The second mod was to get a black MG badge for the front 👍 :-

MG Badge.jpg

The third mod was to fit LED internal lights which made a huge difference and well worth doing IMHO😎😎 :-

IMG_2316.JPG

After that I also got some of those excellent "Rubber" floormats for the Winter months :-

IMG_2472.JPG

So currently looking like this. Have to say the front suspension seems to have settled down a bit lower after 2000 miles and looks better for it. 👍😁 :-

IMG_2500.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice modifications ;-)
Did you only change the lamps in the interior lighting?

Honestly, when I look at the front view of the various MG 4 vehicles, can you imagine leaving the logo off the front completely? Please take a look at the picture and just imagine it, I think it will be really nasty -> the view .... hmmmmm, I'm toying with the idea of leaving it out completely ...

Honestly, when I look at the front view of the various MG 4 vehicles, can you imagine leaving the logo off the front completely? Please take a look at the picture and just imagine it, I think it will be really nasty -> the view .... hmmmmm, I'm toying with the idea of leaving it out completely ...
Don't do it. 😉🙂 Change to Black definitely. But off altogether, nah. 🙂 But having said that, each to there own. 👍

Looks great Bricktop 😍. Very envious of those tyres !! .. I really need to get some👍

Here's some pics of my metallic Camden Grey XPower and the mods made so far.

Car as new :-

View attachment 23194
View attachment 23195
View attachment 23196

The first mod I made was to paint the brake caliper covers black. I know many like them orange but I was'nt a fan and prefer to stay "under the radar" in Stealth mode as much as possible . 😎😎😊

View attachment 23197
View attachment 23199

The second mod was to get a black MG badge for the front 👍 :-

View attachment 23200

The third mod was to fit LED internal lights which made a huge difference and well worth doing IMHO😎😎 :-

View attachment 23201

After that I also got some of those excellent "Rubber" floormats for the Winter months :-

View attachment 23202

So currently looking like this. Have to say the front suspension seems to have settled down a bit lower after 2000 miles and looks better for it. 👍😁 :-

View attachment 23203
Looking good! 😎🙂👍

Very nice modifications ;-)
Did you only change the lamps in the interior lighting?
Oddly it was only the courtesy lights I needed to change.
The rest of the car has modern LED lighting, (ayk) but they obviously ran out of money for the interior lighting having fitted "ye olde stylee bulbs" in the front and none at all in the rear!

Don't do it. 😉🙂 Change to Black definitely. But off altogether, nah. 🙂 But having said that, each to there own. 👍
Not sure about nothing at all.
The front might feel a bit nude.

You first.
I'm shy 🤣

You’re STILL sensitive about your (font) weight? I SAID I was sorry 🤣

Anyway, get that badge in shape with a quick dip 😝

PS package as a whole looks top notch 👌 you opted for tasteful addons. Mines a little more tat-tastic but I’ll get a post up shortly.
Looking forward to it M8👍

I am a huge fan of all the colours and would have happily had any of them.
But as you may recall this was a car I could have within 7 days, and patience has never been, and will never be, a strong point for me.🤪

Apologies JonnyG, I've stolen your car as an example. I think it looks a bit more menacing without the front badge.

1000024119.jpg

I'm surprised at the non-LED bulbs being used as the cost of LED is very low now and MG would be buying them in thousands plus they are typically made in China anyway, so no real shipping costs. Peanuts to include and of course use lors less power, it all helps plus they last much, much longer than halogens.

I'm going to take that as light-hearted banter, but be careful of appearing to condone aggressive driving tactics.
Get rid of the logo at the front, nobody should know what is about to hit them in the rear-view mirror ;-) ;-) ;-)

Apologies JonnyG, I've stolen your car as an example. I think it looks a bit more menacing without the front badge.

View attachment 23205
You know what, at first I said definitely not. But having seen that, it doesn't look to bad at all. Still not for me, but it does look ok. 🙂👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom