MG4 X Power Vibe/Hum 65to75mph

Agree with all of that ... almost makes me think it may be something to do with the AC or HVAC unit as I do feel a vibration for about two seconds at startup before even moving off (as I'm waitng for the screens to boot up and holding the steering wheel) and the 70mph cruise vibration seems to have got better with miles (or could it be just the colder weather with less AC use ?)

All wild guesses though !!

Agree with all of that ... almost makes me think it may be something to do with the AC or HVAC unit as I do feel a vibration for about two seconds at startup before even moving off (as I'm waitng for the screens to boot up and holding the steering wheel) and the 70mph cruise vibration seems to have got better with miles (or could it be just the colder weather with less AC use ?)

Definitely food for thought m8!

But that will have to wait til later.

Messing about with an auxiliary fuel tank for my generator at the moment. 👍

20240212_123401.jpg

Have been driving on local roads at 20 mph and various surfaces. There is a lot of vibration through the steering from the start, even at those speeds (not wobble) and in my case the tyre noise. Is it how the suspension/steering has been designed? I know we are all guessing at what the issue is and hopefully there will be a solution, before my car is returned in 2025 🤣
Now starting to get trim rattles as well, but Im not going to let it all spoil the driving experience.

Have been driving on local roads at 20 mph and various surfaces. There is a lot of vibration through the steering from the start, even at those speeds (not wobble) and in my case the tyre noise. Is it how the suspension/steering has been designed? I know we are all guessing at what the issue is and hopefully there will be a solution, before my car is returned in 2025 🤣
Now starting to get trim rattles as well, but Im not going to let it all spoil the driving experience.
Noooo! @CooperS

I feel for you.

Hopefully you can sort them out!

We (the wife and I) were only talking yesterday about how well put together the car is!
I was going to my friends (local farmer buddy, to set up his wireless cctv system) He lives at the end of a half a mile of quite frankly, piss poorly maintained track.
And yes he drives a 4x4 pick up.

I was going along a 5mph or less and considerd this to be an excellent, impromptu NVH test!
Hundreds of meters of self laid concrete track, tamped with a plank by the looks of it! and several hundred meters more of pot holes, gravel and drainage channels et al.
A proper fillings shaker.
I asked my good lady to listen out for squeaks and rattles because as some of you know, I'm a bit mutton.
'I eard that Pardon'
Yes, all of that.
Thankyou.
Not a sound was reported so very pleased with that.

Probably only a matter of time though eh?🤣

I have been lucky to have owned a number of cars over the years and its rare that you dont get a squeak or rattle. Even so called premium brands are not immune to it, so nothing new.

Funny thing was, although we both heard them I said they were coming from the passenger side, my wife said they were drivers side! Nothing loose from personal affects, glasses etc but at one point sounded like the front door cards were vibrating, no radio was on!
I will sort out the heater vents as mentioned elsewhere, that may be one source.

Drum roll

....... the wheel change (for 18" alloys from a Trophy LR, albeit still Bridgestone tyres

...... made no difference

Back to the drawing board with MG UK.
🤣
Bloody knew it!!

My money is still on the driveshafts or the cv couplings ultimately.

Mind you, if they still have the Chinese made Bridgestones in the mix?

Last edited:

I know exactly the feeling you are describing.
I 'think'? I only notice it at start up in my car.
I'm going out tomorrow and will make a point of trying to compare start up and driving. 👍

Last edited:
I know exactly the feeling you are describing.
I 'think'? I only notice it at start up in my car.
I'm going out tomorrow and will make a point of trying to compare start up feeling to the on the road feeling.

Be there about 10:30 if anybody's interested.🤣

Oh, and if your anywhere near London,
A, It's a bit of a trek.
B, For goodness sake don't look at what a Full breakfast and coffee costs me.
B. How much?!!:eek: and no black pudding?:eek:

I bet you couldn't get a skinny latte in London or any other weird coffee and white emulsion concoction for that :ROFLMAO:

My local deli's Big English breakfast consists of 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, black pudding, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and 2 slices of toast for £8.

Bizarrely for me, I seem to get different results on different days.

On exactly the same piece of road, on different day's, the vibes are really apparent, then the next day, I've really got to think about it to feel them.
I have another theory to put out there, if anyone can care to test as well...when the car is charged at 100% the vibrations are less. They become more apparent as the car loses charge.

Bricktop, so even with the Pilot Sports you still sometimes experience vibrations?

And these exact 18" Trophy LR wheels did not have any vibration when fitted to the Trophy I guess?
Does the Trophy suffer from vibrations at all, or is it just the X-Power?

I have another theory to put out there, if anyone can care to test as well...when the car is charged at 100% the vibrations are less. They become more apparent as the car loses charge.
Ah! That'll be the reduction in weight as the fuel is used up. ;)

Bricktop, so even with the Pilot Sports you still sometimes experience vibrations?

Does the Trophy suffer from vibrations at all, or is it just the X-Power?
Can I refer you here for more info......

Last edited:
So certainly looking like X Power only. 🙄 Does that actually make it better in a way? They (MG) can purely concentrate on the X Power only? 🤔
Just read the attached on the FB MG4 Owners Group. We've tried all of this and more ... it made absolutely no difference. My dealer is waiting to hear further instructions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_063442_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_063442_Facebook.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 45
You're lucky, my dealer hasn't bothered to even book my car in to check it over since I contacted them in Nov.
I sent an email about my consumer rights last week and suddenly they want to get the car in....I don't really think there is any point(after seeing all these posts) until a fix, if any, is found.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom