MG4 X Power Vibe/Hum 65to75mph

Thank you for contacting MG Motor UK Ltd.

I do believe, that there is some confusion regarding processes that are and need to be followed.

Firstly, some customers are reporting this as an annoyance. Therefore, any action that we take is being looked at case by case.

As far as I am aware some customers are reporting vibration at certain speeds, but it is not having detrimental effect on the car or causing breakdown. If there is anything that your local dealer can do, in conjunction with MG Motor UK Ltd. then I am sure that will take that action.

To be clear, Australia are their own distributor and we have no affiliation other than the badge and have no influence on any decision that they make. All that I can say is that any repair they are carrying out will not be an official opinion or process from the factory.

As with all things, when new models are launched, things happen that don’t show up in testing, but show up when with drivers in real life conditions. If a fault or problem is concerned, then engineers will test this, and provide a solution, and I may say, that because of our unique set up in the UK, usually much quicker than most OEM. I have worked with several brands and may take years to provide solutions to these things.

At the moment, everything is simply being looked at case by case and thank you for your continued patience.

I mean, I am relatively happy with the response.

So, sort of fobbed off, with a hint of we do acknowledge there is something going on and we are looking at it.
Even if it is "case by case"

Reinforces the need to actually go to the dealer and get it recorded officially.

P.S. Also interesting to see that he says the Australian FIX is not "official" or anything to do with SAIC?? Odd.
Sounds like a lame fob off to me, or even a f••• off, we're not interested. Also don't believe the problem didn't show up in testing, probably 100s if not 1000s of hours. Or am I be being cynical? 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a lame fob off to me, or even a f••• off, where not interested. Also don't believe the problem didn't show up in testing, probably 100s if not 1000s of hours. Or am I be being cynical? 🤔

I wouldn't go that far @salty.
But I am not jumping for joy either 🥳

There will be a UK specific recall, no doubt about it.

There is no way they can "ignore us, and hope we all go away"
One or two of us with an issue, maybe.
But all of us, everywhere?

He is right about one thing, the fact that the wheels are not about to fall off, or the electric motors about to explode, but, and it's a big but....
It is a brand new car and should not have any defects. End of.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far @salty.
But I am not jumping for joy either 🥳

There will be a UK specific recall, no doubt about it.

There is no way they can "ignore us and hope we all go away"
One or two of us with an issue, maybe.
But all of us, everywhere???

He is right about one thing, the fact that the wheels are not about to fall off, or the electric motors about to explode, but, and it's a big but....
It is a brand new car and should not have any defects. End of.
I agree with you. Be prepared for battle. People are still arguing over the undertray 18 months later, though policy seems to be slowly shifting on that.

Baffled why M.G cant sort these issues out during model development
I guess a similar reason as to how the VAG group signed off on a control system for temperature setting to be used across all their brands that could not be seen in the dark.

Oh dear! Thats not good!!

Took my car in yesterday to have the screeching brakes investigated - glazing on the disks now resolved.

Following the Technical Report the dealership submitted to MG about the reported vibration/resonance on my XPower, MG are sending a new part to trial - a steering damper. Will report back if this has any impact, though the dealership seemed as sceptical as me.

Took my car in yesterday to have the screeching brakes investigated - glazing on the disks now resolved.

Following the Technical Report the dealership submitted to MG about the reported vibration/resonance on my XPower, MG are sending a new part to trial - a steering damper. Will report back if this has any impact, though the dealership seemed as sceptical as me.
Good news, hopefully you have better luck than Aus/NZ owners who have reported no improvement.

.........Following the Technical Report the dealership submitted to MG about the reported vibration/resonance on my XPower, MG are sending a new part to trial - a steering damper. Will report back if this has any impact, though the dealership seemed as sceptical as me.
Which dealer is that please ? Luscombe's ?

Yea
I saw on another thread that changing tyres to Michelin cc2 reduce the vibration noticeably.

Yeah will be interesting to try diffrent tyres. I am also considering these Michelin Pilot Sport 4 next, for Summer use, if no MG fix works. They are fitted to Teslas and seem EV specific. I like this bit of the ad blurb. But as above best to stick to OEM Bridgestones until an official MG fix works (whether a new damper or different tyres)

Quote from Blackcircles website :-

"This tyre features advanced Michelin technology to lower interior tyre noise generated. In order to do this, Michelin have applied polyurethane foam to the inner surface of the tyre which will absorb the vibration and noise produced."

Ask them to change your tyres. People report on same problem here (in Israel) and the solution is to replace the Conti tyres with BridgeStone or Michelin. Probably the problem is that the OEM tyres were at wrong pressure for a long time between the manufacturer date to the delivery. This problem especially appears in the phase 1 which still on sell here on discount. (phase 2 is out of stock for now)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom