MG4 X-Power waiting area

And has any of the issues that US UK peeps have experienced been ironed out that your aware of??

What colour did you go for??

I like the Green - That Looks sharp
The system of software in China is different from that of other countries. But some problems still exist, such as not being able to save the driving mode and so on. My color is pink, which is a color that is only available in China. The green is very nice, a matte rather than the usual glossy finish, and about half of the people were willing to pay around £400 more for it.

The system of software in China is different from that of other countries. But some problems still exist, such as not being able to save the driving mode and so on. My color is pink, which is a color that is only available in China. The green is very nice, a matte rather than the usual glossy finish, and about half of the people were willing to pay around £400 more for it.
Thanks - Looks lovely in Pink - in an early reply you say it has a panoramic roof? - So is that glass like a Tesla & not piano black like mine ?

Has anyone heard if the XPower comes with the heat pump fitted

Not heard anything about a heat pump.

I've put in an order for one in green at my local MG dealer (Holdcroft in Stoke). Does anyone know what the interior might be like. The bloke in that video above said alcantara with red stitching.... Seems a bit odd if there are orange bits on it externally. Also I kinda hope it'll be a brighter colour than my current dark SE!

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on here for gossip!

I've put in an order for one in green at my local MG dealer (Holdcroft in Stoke). Does anyone know what the interior might be like. The bloke in that video above said alcantara with red stitching.... Seems a bit odd if there are orange bits on it externally. Also I kinda hope it'll be a brighter colour than my current dark SE!

One of the Chinese videos in the thread (one at the racing circuit) has the interior, shows the seats etc

Thanks for that, I've had a look. It looks a bit dark and gloomy! As I'll probably keep this car for a few years I might treat myself to some AliExpress funky colour seat covers to brighten it up. I'll see what it's like when it arrives.

My guess would be that the interior will be fairly dark as in most sporty models, following the example of other manufacturers.
Alcantara is a brilliant choice for the centre sections of the seats.
It breaths well and feels great in the summer and the winter.
Best combo in my mind, is vegan leather on the bolsters ( for wear purposes ) then the acantara in the centre - top job !.

Thanks for that, I've had a look. It looks a bit dark and gloomy! As I'll probably keep this car for a few years I might treat myself to some AliExpress funky colour seat covers to brighten it up. I'll see what it's like when it arrives.

Good luck. Mine turned up, very nice but a bit of a struggle to fit single-handed, with no instructions. Got the front fitted. Then discovered that the rear covers sent were a mirror image of what should have been sent, back to the drawing board. It'll get done though.

So long as you realise that "leather" is Chinese for "synthetic leather-effect plastic" you'll be fine. Still good value. I'm finding them more "sticky" in that it's not so easy to slide in and out on the new covers, but that's a detail. They do look good.

I agree as to the material choice. I do like an alcantara seat as you don't slide around too much too! Just would have liked a brighter colour. I had white seats in my Tesla and loved them!

I agree as to the material choice. I do like an alcantara seat as you don't slide around too much too! Just would have liked a brighter colour. I had white seats in my Tesla and loved them!
The white interior is absolutely stunning in the Tesla.
My neighbour has a model 3 with the white interior and its really nice.
The car is now two years old and he said he would not have again because it’s simply not practical.
Wearing blue jeans 👖 is a complete NO NO because of the colour transfer.
It can be removed, but it’s really hard work keeping the drivers seat 💺 clean 🧽.
The MG 5 facelift was available in a light grey cover in Europe but not here, to a lot of people’s displeasure .

I used to have a Morgan Aero8 with tan leather, when I took it in for its first service, I asked one of the craftsmen on what product to use to clean the leather due to colour transfer from my Jean.
He said “petrol”!, then leather feed straight afterwards.

Best car in the world! I had so many people looking at us, I ended up with the hood up most of the time due to embarrassment ☺️

Attachments

• P1010645.jpeg
    P1010645.jpeg
    936.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Very much doubt it will have a heat pump since the goal has been to keep the price low and also minimal interior changes. Benefit of a heat pump is questionable in the UK anyway.

The prices do seem amazing, £36,495 and you can choose one of two faster models:
77kWh / 325 mile range / RWD / 0-60: 6.5s Extended Range
64kWh / 240 mile range / AWD / 0-60: 3.8s XPower

This is going to be quite disruptive in the market.

Price is already known £36,450 IIRC posted earlier in the thread. Volvo looks to be 41-45 (but is 0.2s quicker) 🤯
£10K more than the SE is it worth it?

I have had the SE SR for several months now and never once did I wish it was faster exceleration or have a faster top end

I was thinking about that too, I watched one of the YouTube reviews, instead of usual “Tesla killer”, this is “Everything Killer”😁
This would take sales away from Audi S3, RS3, Golf GTI , R plus many more!!!
The big thing will be, can/will they iron out the software glitches and up the service to take sales away from what are more premium hot hatches

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom