MG4 X-Power waiting area

The first years insurance for most of us was probably higher than it could have been because we could only give the insurance companies only a few days notice instead of the 3 to 4 weeks required to get the best prices.

Which app is that please?
It was a joke with @Ian Key as he was obviously hinting at the fact Scottish are tight and might be averse to using fast chargers due to the cost.

In all seriousness though if you go into zap map adjust the settings to show free chargers only, there are actually hundreds of them all over Britain.

Anyone managed to get a discount off RRP?

What cables come with the car this time round? Thanks in advance.

According to a boy on speak EV he got quoted £35730 for white or blue

Current PCP example for an X Power from MG website
Representative example - 4 year PCP offers
ModelMG4 EV XPOWER 320kW 64kWh Auto
Monthly Instalments£399
Customer Deposit£8,052.74
On the road price£36,495
Amount of Credit£28,442.26
Interest Charges£8,092.24
Total Amount Payable£44,587.24
Optional Final Payment£17,382.50
Duration of Agreement (months)49
Fixed Rate of interest p.a4.61%
Mileage per Annum8,000
Representative APR8.9%
Excess Mileage Charge14.9p

For the same deposit a brand new Tesla M3 SR plus would only cost you £286 a month.

That's a no brainer for me, Tesla is a far better deal at the minute £123 a month cheaper.

A Tesla on the same monthly figure £399 only requires a £2100 deposit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724-142518.png
    Screenshot_20230724-142518.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 59
What's the Tesla APR and final payment?
I think it’s 0% at the moment, no idea about final balloon, you could play around on their website .
Please bear in mind that they are phrasing out current model3 as there’s an new revised Model3 just around the corner.

What's the Tesla APR and final payment?
Tesla's Apr is 0% at the moment and final payment is £19100

I think it’s 0% at the moment, no idea about final balloon, you could play around on their website .
Please bear in mind that they are phrasing out current model3 as there’s a new revised Model3 just around the corner.
New MG4 around the corner 😉 Tesla's OTA updates will definitely continue

As a ‘22 trophy owner, I have the very fortunate opportunity to get a company car with the xpower being top of the list.

I test drove the xpower this morning!

Coming from the trophy being my favourite car that I’ve ever had, the xpower takes it to the next level.

The handling for everyday driving has pretty much the same feel as the trophy for normal driving but with explosive acceleration whenever needed.

Straight line acceleration is very very entertaining with the launch mode taking thing a to another level.

The dealership weren’t aware of the launch mode so I took a couple of them out and demonstrated - it is definitely a car to put a smile on people’s faces (the acceleration on launch mode made the guys from the dealer laugh out loud).

The xpower had the latest software with the new controls for air con. It also has the air con chirp 😂

As part of the latest software it comes with the one pedal driving. It does a great job - stronger regen than the trophy.

With the stronger regen, the ACC performed much better than the trophy with much smoother changes in speed with traffic.

Interior design is as the trophy other than materials. The middle headrest is a bit pointless and the rear wiper surplus to requirements (it was raining during the test drive and I didn’t feel the need to use it).

Given the acceleration, grab handles are a nice addition.

So overall, my trophy is a great car with xpower adding another layer and now I’m really tempted to get a white xpower on salary sacrifice.
I test drove another xpower today (I had today’s booked before the offer of an earlier test drive came through at a different dealer).

This time it was a grey one and I got to test the a few more features.

Again, the one pedal driving married with the updated software makes the ACC and TJA really quite solid. Much smoother on both speed changes and lane keeping even at speed (70mph on a dual carriageway).

I had no issues with lane keep assist throughout either test drive on country roads, main roads, and dual carriageways.

Launch control is just great fun. And as mentioned before, the ride in normal town driving is just as good as the trophy.

The dealer has a few green ones on order to add to stock and has an extended range in stock already (one that they were going to have as a demo but are going to sell instead).

I’m pretty sure they’ll sell the extended range super quickly (particularly if the extended range has the same improvements in software, one pedal, ACC/TJA and lane keep that I’ve experienced with xpower test drives).

So decision made, I’ve put an order in through salary sacrifice for a white xpower to go with our black 22 trophy.

I’ve been told November/December for delivery (through a broker) but the dealer seemed confident with 10-12 week lead times if I ordered with them - there are however many a tale of people waiting months for the original SEs and trophies.

Just back from testing that one at Crewe. I’m still shook heh. The power is just nuts, I’ve not experienced anything like that.
I thought I’d experienced it pretty well after booting it away from junctions but then there was a quiet bit of road so I tried the launch and it’s just other worldly (at least to me, I’m easily impressed)

I loved the one pedal driving but I only had 40 mins and 19 miles to try as much as I could so I was playing with the different options for custom settings and hooning it where possible and managed 3.0 miles per kWh didn’t think that was too bad.

I’m guessing they’ll be churning out green ones by the truck load but I’ll have to wait for an Orange one. Just can’t get on with the green though (and it gives the game away that it’s potent 😉)

Apparently the eta slipped from July to Sep/Oct and now to “no build date” so will wait and see how it shakes out.

Just back from testing that one at Crewe. I’m still shook heh. The power is just nuts, I’ve not experienced anything like that.
I thought I’d experienced it pretty well after booting it away from junctions but then there was a quiet bit of road so I tried the launch and it’s just other worldly (at least to me, I’m easily impressed)

I loved the one pedal driving but I only had 40 mins and 19 miles to try as much as I could so I was playing with the different options for custom settings and hooning it where possible and managed 3.0 miles per kWh didn’t think that was too bad.

I’m guessing they’ll be churning out green ones by the truck load but I’ll have to wait for an Orange one. Just can’t get on with the green though (and it gives the game away that it’s potent 😉)

Apparently the eta slipped from July to Sep/Oct and now to “no build date” so will wait and see how it shakes out.
My Saturday test drive was Crewe too. A nice bunch at Acorn. It’s where we got our trophy from last year.

Today was at Pinkstones. Also a good team. It’s where I have a service plan for the trophy.

I’ll probably be waiting until the end of the year for my xpower then. Still excited though.

According to a boy on speak EV he got quoted £35730 for white or blue

Current PCP example for an X Power from MG website
Representative example - 4 year PCP offers
ModelMG4 EV XPOWER 320kW 64kWh Auto
Monthly Instalments£399
Customer Deposit£8,052.74
On the road price£36,495
Amount of Credit£28,442.26
Interest Charges£8,092.24
Total Amount Payable£44,587.24
Optional Final Payment£17,382.50
Duration of Agreement (months)49
Fixed Rate of interest p.a4.61%
Mileage per Annum8,000
Representative APR8.9%
Excess Mileage Charge14.9p

For the same deposit a brand new Tesla M3 SR plus would only cost you £286 a month.

That's a no brainer for me, Tesla is a far better deal at the minute £123 a month cheaper.

A Tesla on the same monthly figure £399 only requires a £2100 deposit
It’s the new novelty factor

Wait a year or so and there will be good deals around for the xpower

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom