MG4 XPower Range and efficiency

Now the ambient temperatures are starting to rise have seen my first 3.5 miles/kWh indicated on journeys's that were returning 2.8 - 3.0 miles/kWh in colder temperatures.

Looks like every increase in temperature of about 5 deg C improves efficiency. 0-5 deg C = 2.5 - 2.8 miles/kWh, 5-10 deg C = 2.7 - 3.1 miles/kWh and over 10 deg C now giving 3.0 - 3.5 miles/kWh

Those are for urban driving trips, not tried a motorway run at the higher temperatures yet.

Thanks for the update & pics. Still nothing for me. Just to clarify, are we actually saying that the car is changing from one lane to another following the driver indicating and not having to move the steering wheel? This is what a Tesla will do with enhanced autopilot for example. When I tried on an empty road in TJA it just sat in same lane with indicator flashing and no movement.
Anyone else help on this? Does the Xpower actually have "Auto Lane Change" - what settings to allow the car to change lanes itself once indicator has been applied. Sorry to disbelieve but in 3000 miles it's not something I've seen, unless linked to LKA/emergency lane keeping being active but nothing in the manual or brochure. Thanks

Anyone else help on this? Does the Xpower actually have "Auto Lane Change" - what settings to allow the car to change lanes itself once indicator has been applied. Sorry to disbelieve but in 3000 miles it's not something I've seen, unless linked to LKA/emergency lane keeping being active but nothing in the manual or brochure. Thanks
From what I can see Lane Change Assist just flashes the blind spot warning indicator it does nothing else

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 11.18.16.png
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 11.25.36.png

Crikey .... LCA is not that clear to me still 😁.

So BSD is what I see all the time when cars approach from the rear and are in my blind spot.

Are we saying LCA is similar but only works when you are indicating to change lane and it detects a faster moving vehicle approaching from behind that is further back (as in range 2 in the figure above) ?. And in this case the orange warning flashes repeatedly ?

I think it warns and intervenes as per LCA if it thinks your moving into oncoming, following, faster traffic.

Only had tugs at the wheel from LKA so far, as I've not given it reason to intervene on my behalf from the rear, as I like to use something called 'eyes' to assist in my decisions out on the road.🤣

I think it warns and intervenes as per LCA if it thinks your moving into oncoming, following, faster traffic.

Only had tugs at the wheel from LKA so far, as I've not given it reason to intervene on my behalf from the rear, as I like to use something called 'eyes' to assist in my decisions out on the road.🤣
Haha ... yes reminds me of when I had just learnt to drive and was pulled over by the cops on the motorway. Got a ticking off (nothing else thankfully) for pulling out in front of someone in my blind spot ... no damage done as he braked but ever since I've always heeded the cops advice to have a quick check over my right shoulder before changing lane (or left as the case may be) 👍

Yes BSD is simply the orange symbol in both door mirrors that will light up if something coming alongside. LCA will rapidly flash (the same symbol) if the car thinks you're about to change lanes and it's sensed a vehicle and you're about to change lane.

Still don't think there is an actual Auto Lane Change function. Not enough info in the Burl Solomons video to show that it's possible for the car to change lane for you simply by indicating. Only thing I haven't tried since querying this is to be in full dodgy LKA with Emergency Lane Keeping and TJA but are some drivers saying that with these settings, they've just indicated and the MG4 glides across to the next lane without steering?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom