MG5 EV Forum Review of ZS EV - and warranty comments...

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed this on the MG5 forum by mistake!
useful reviews and comments about the 7 Year warranty covering the whole car!

Yes I thought that. It’s concerning that both videos mention that the warranty covers ‘the whole car’ this is in my opinion very misleading.

I placed this on the MG5 forum by mistake!
useful reviews and comments about the 7 Year warranty covering the whole car!

Yeah - I watched this video only last night !.
A bit late reviewing the ZS EV don’t you think ?.
Pretty much all been said back in 2020 though.
The proof / worth of most warranties are only found out, at the time when you come to make a claim I find.
The problem is that the small print is littered with exclusions in the favour of the manufacture and very rarely in favour of the owner.
I would be extremely happy NEVER to test it myself !.
If that was the case, then this speaks volumes in favour of the car.
Fingers tightly crossed.
It could be said that the manufacture offers the 7 year warranty, in the hope that they confidence in the car NOT requiring a lot of free work carried out for free.
I am not totally convinced by that argument.
Other folks maybe argue that it brings in the service work for the life of the warranty also.
This theory I do tend to agree with !.
Let’s just hope we ALL don’t need to test the warranty system to hard !.

I do think that MG need a few selling usp’s and the 7 year warranty does on the face of it look very attractive, along with competitive pricing - until you see what it actually covers. Most will look at reviews like these and think wow 7 years the whole car - no worries. That’s not fair. Basically the only areas covered for 7 years that i can see are the body against perforation, motor and the battery and they are conditional. I agree - let’s hope that the cars are reliable and stay the course.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom