MG5 Excite vs Exclusive

Climate control is the main thing for me, as I didn't want to live in the 80's again having to guess temp settings and fan speed. So was always going to be the exclusive.
I was so disappointed that the ZS exclusive didn't have Auto climate. :(

Faux leather seats, auto climate control , Keyless entry, heated front seats, Auto lights (not auto dip) and wipers, auto dimming mirror, rear USB ports, electric driver's seat adjuster, electric folding mirrors, decorative roof rails (may be certified for 35kG later). Worth £2k?
I'd pay that for the keyless entry alone due to how well it performs, if you're like me hands full of shopping bags keys could be in any of 6 pockets always pick the wrong one, keyless they stay in your pocket or bag, now my keys don't leave my pocket, my thinking has always been, look at how much it would cost you to add them to the lower spec. car at a later date, it would be about the same cost of the car for them all. IMO the extras you are getting are well worth the 2k extra, the same with the ZS EV Exclusive I now own, it was a no brainer for the Extras.

It's a hard decision. Like you say, I could be forever waiting for the next one. Frankly anything would be better than my 11 year old diesel S-Max!

Depends on how much MG UK are in line with MG Europe. But as you say, I doubt the massive savings we're seeing on the current car will be repeated on the new one.
The issue is with the left-hand drive and right-hand drive cars, will they produce both of them at the same time for the European market, I'm not so. sure

Excite owner here. Possibly just being contrary, but to me the (p?)leather seats in the Exclusive would have been a significant downgrade - I wanted fabric.

Someone mentioned automatic headlights upthread - just to confirm that the Excite does have auto lights.

Folding/dimming/heated mirrors, and heated seats, would have been nice (my i3 had all of the above) but I can't say I've lost any sleep over them.

Excite owner here. Possibly just being contrary, but to me the (p?)leather seats in the Exclusive would have been a significant downgrade - I wanted fabric.

Someone mentioned automatic headlights upthread - just to confirm that the Excite does have auto lights.

Folding/dimming/heated mirrors, and heated seats, would have been nice (my i3 had all of the above) but I can't say I've lost any sleep over them.
It has auto headlight just not auto dimming of the rear view mirror.

Faux leather seats, auto climate control , Keyless entry, heated front seats, Auto lights (not auto dip) and wipers, auto dimming mirror, rear USB ports, electric driver's seat adjuster, electric folding mirrors, decorative roof rails (may be certified for 35kG later). Worth £2k?
When you put it like that 🤔😂

Don’t forget trade in/resale 2nd time owners will more than likely want an Exclusive as the ££ difference will be minimal

So my MG dealer called me today to secure the Affinity scheme deal as the news of the government grant has just come out today, so I've put in my deposit on a MG5 Excite in Silver. I don't think the Exclusive is worth it, but I guess I'll live to see whether I regret the decision!

Good choice, Andy. Enjoy the car, I've got an Excite and very pleased with it, nearing the 1,000 mile mark

I have now purchased the MG5 Excite and really happy with it - no regrets on having the cheaper trim. Many thanks for everyone who chimed in, it really helped me think about the issue and to go through my own thought process.

I didn't see many videos or pictures of the Excite interior when I was doing my research, so I have made my own MG5 Excite review here:

I have now purchased the MG5 Excite and really happy with it - no regrets on having the cheaper trim. Many thanks for everyone who chimed in, it really helped me think about the issue and to go through my own thought process.

I didn't see many videos or pictures of the Excite interior when I was doing my research, so I have made my own MG5 Excite review here:

Welcome to the family, ill have a watch later

Enjoyed your video, the only thing I would say about it was that you were being a bit unfair saying the seat covering not being the leather look was the main difference in price between the Excite and the Exclusive, there are quite a few expensive extras on the Exclusive that far outweigh the price difference you paid, the only reason that I would have bought the Excite was if it was a fill-in car before I traded up to an upgraded model in a few years, I looked at both the Excite and Exclusive ZS EV based on keeping it long term and the Exclusive was a no brainer, but each to their own👍

Enjoyed your video, the only thing I would say about it was that you were being a bit unfair saying the seat covering not being the leather look was the main difference in price between the Excite and the Exclusive, there are quite a few expensive extras on the Exclusive that far outweigh the price difference you paid, the only reason that I would have bought the Excite was if it was a fill-in car before I traded up to an upgraded model in a few years, I looked at both the Excite and Exclusive ZS EV based on keeping it long term and the Exclusive was a no brainer, but each to their own👍
Yes this is fair, I am a bit biased as the main reason I am getting an MG5 is for the price, if wanted to spend more on car I would probably get a Kia e-Niro. Also for the ZS EV - the difference between Excite vs Exclusive is made much bigger by the huge sunroof. If MG5 had the same option I'd definitely consider a sunroof as it makes the interior feel so much bigger!

Hi Great video, where did you get those public sector prices from as I can't find them anywhere?
Unfortunately it looks like the Affinity scheme deal is technically expired. However I do think if you pushed hard enough you could probably get an MG5 close to that cost by negotiating hard.
You can see some examples online for the pages that haven't been updated yet, e.g. Public Sector Discounts | Paul Rigby Group MG

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom