MG5 Factory reset

How many people have had to do a factory reset by disconnecting the 12 volt system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Jomarkh... I have an MG 5LR....what frunk??
Its a front trunk, if you open the bonnet there is a plastic cover that has a dip in it it's just enough room for type 2 charge lead, some have taken the cover and it's supports off and put a plastic box inside to have a storage area.

Its a front trunk, if you open the bonnet there is a plastic cover that has a dip in it it's just enough room for type 2 charge lead, some have taken the cover and it's supports off and put a plastic box inside to have a storage area.
Didn't think it would fit but was pleasantly surprised when I tried it👴

Attachments

• 20220504_095949.jpg
    20220504_095949.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20220504_100030.jpg
    20220504_100030.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 137
Hi All
Just had an issue following public charging... plugged in a 22KW 'Fuuse' charger and it began charging, then stopped after about 20 seconds. Disconnected and tried again but no luck. Then tried to move the car to another space to try another charger and got a 'System Fault' error and the car refused to move.

I disconnected the battery for 1 min (using the isolator I fitted... glad I did that) and then the car seemed OK again... moved it to another charger and it began charging... albeit very slowly.

I'm guessing the first one was a dodgy charger but it's worrying it seems to 'crash' the car. Do we think this is an MG quirk due to flakey software or an EV issue we'll all have to get used to over time?!?!!

Although this was easy this time to sort for me, it's a bit of a pain as really things should 'just work'

Moan over! I still love the car... I'll blame the charger!!! But whoever first suggested the 10mm spanner trick, thank you, it's saved me twice now in a little over two weeks!!

Charles

It would be nice if there were a gas strut conversion for this - so that the bonnet could be easily lifted and supported when accessing this space
I agree.
I have started using the 'frunk' for the type 2 but have decided that because of this it is no easier than leaving it in the boot.
It does however save space in the boot, (which I have never actually required yet :) )

Thanks all, this thread saved me today.
I was also curious why a charge point would conk out the car. Photo of the charge point (taken in Combourg, France - quite a few miles from home for us!) is in the twitter thread below.

Hi All
Just had an issue following public charging... plugged in a 22KW 'Fuuse' charger and it began charging, then stopped after about 20 seconds. Disconnected and tried again but no luck. Then tried to move the car to another space to try another charger and got a 'System Fault' error and the car refused to move.

I disconnected the battery for 1 min (using the isolator I fitted... glad I did that) and then the car seemed OK again... moved it to another charger and it began charging... albeit very slowly.

I'm guessing the first one was a dodgy charger but it's worrying it seems to 'crash' the car. Do we think this is an MG quirk due to flakey software or an EV issue we'll all have to get used to over time?!?!!

Although this was easy this time to sort for me, it's a bit of a pain as really things should 'just work'

Moan over! I still love the car... I'll blame the charger!!! But whoever first suggested the 10mm spanner trick, thank you, it's saved me twice now in a little over two weeks!!

Charles
Did you just disconnect the 12V battery ?

Got a 10mm spanner but also a Wi-Fi obd2 and my first port of call would probably to see if car scanner on my phone could clear any error code before resorting to a 12v reset.

Need to grab a spare screwdriver by the sound of things

Did you just disconnect the 12V battery ?
The system faults I’ve had from a failed ccs usually clear after leaving the car alone and locked for 5-10mins but disconnecting the battery would probably be quicker.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom