MG5 Insurance

I had a similar problem when trying to insure our ZS EV.
I rang my insurance company about mid December 2019, ready for collection on the 6th Jan 2020.
They did not have the car even showing on the data base so was unable to quote on the car !.
The advisor explained that there data base was only updated with the new car models and premium rates about every 30 days.
It was likely if I ran back in a couple of weeks, it would be showing on the system.
I could not take that chance and found that LV had already loaded the car to there systems and cars I insured with them.
I was happy with the price I paid at the time, but when the renewal notice came through this year, they increased the cost by £85.
By now the other companies had caught up and there where a lot more quotes available this year.
I switched company and saved the increase for the same level cover.
Having to switch each year has become a regular feature now with insurance companies.
They tend to quote cheap for the first year and then automatically renew your policy and hope you miss the increase in price !.
It always to shop around for all Insurances, something most seem to do now but not for bank accounts it seems?
MG's insurance quote was horrendous and LV is very popular. Still my JLR quote for land Rover was very high and found the Meerkats cheaper.

I’ve found LV good for EV’s. you get free run out of battery recovery as part of the deal too.

Have been with the CoOp for years, because I was happy with the service and cover. Was a bit annoyed when, having had a quote from them a few months ago, when I went to insure a few weeks ago, they'd sold their insurance arm to another company, and they refused to quote for an EV 😞

LV it had to be.

The brokers who arranged cover for my Leaf couldn't find anyone to insure my 5, so I had to cancel the policy. I was annoyed as it was quite a steep cancellation fee, but ended up working in my favour as the meerkats sorted me out with Aviva for just over £280, £160 less than the Leaf. The old brokers couldn't find details for the 5, either. Considering the scare stories about expensive cover, I'm a very happy chappy

I had the same issue with my broker, they could not find the MG5 and spoke with Axa who insured it and they could not find it. So went with Admiral for £300, so all good !

This from Martin Lewis today, about renewing insurance. Allegedly the best price is likely to be quoted 21 days before renewal. More here:

I'm insured with LV. My MG5 is currently down as an MGZS until they update with the 5 model. My policy states this and I have been told it will be updated as soon as they have the information.
Looking on Gocompare yesterday, LV showed two quotes for the MG5 ok

Does seem to be a bit of a lottery. First set of quotes I had from the Meerkats, the best price was a bit over £330. Went back a few days later and it was down to a Meerkat whisker over £280, as mentioned before, with Aviva

Does seem to be a bit of a lottery. First set of quotes I had from the Meerkats, the best price was a bit over £330. Went back a few days later and it was down to a Meerkat whisker over £280, as mentioned before, with Aviva
Haha your lucky I’ve just been quoted £580, there are some issues behind the price though, 17000 miles per annum, business use and two accidents in one year....what a plonker!!

Get my new MG5 next week and had no problem with Admiral on the phone changing from MG ZS. charged £9.80 after I complained was not able to use on line service because registration number was not recognised very helpful young lady

LV cheapest quote was £187 for me. SWMBO is having the 5 so she's insuring it on hers and she got the same price quoted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom