MG5 LR or keep lease

maund123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all, I currently have a n E Niro on a lease, 1 year in. Lease company have offered to take it back now with a year remaining for no cost(due to second hand car prices at the moment)

I was potentially looking at purchasing an Exclusive 2nd hand/ex demo as it would be worth it rather than paying another 4K in lease payments over the next year. I do 120 miles round trip a day 95% motorway and just want to make sure this will do that at 70mph in all weathers?

If it's available take it as the LR should be able to do 120 miles in the winter.

Hi all, I currently have a n E Niro on a lease, 1 year in. Lease company have offered to take it back now with a year remaining for no cost(due to second hand car prices at the moment)

I was potentially looking at purchasing an Exclusive 2nd hand/ex demo as it would be worth it rather than paying another 4K in lease payments over the next year. I do 120 miles round trip a day 95% motorway and just want to make sure this will do that at 70mph in all weathers?

What depreciation do you expect on a car doing 30,000 miles a year? If you are "only" going to pay £4k on a lease that sounds a cracking deal.

The MG is a good car and has the required range.

Sorry bit confused by the 4k bit? I don't do 5 days a week so will actually work out around 21k a year.

My "Man maths" looks at the cost over a year. Doing relatively high mileage on your own car can cost more than a cheap lease, and I question whether you'll lose less than the lease cost quoted (£4k) on an MG after putting even 21,000 miles on it in a year. I suspect that might have been the case over the past 12 months with the excess of demand over supply and the price rises/grant reductions, but who knows going forward.

For me... Ex demo is always a good thing... Top if the range (sometimes with extras), well looked after, if they are a large dealership it probably has 'paint guard', no VAT!, will they give you interest free credit.. The only issue is you can't choose the colour...

And if you want one then get it now as they have stopped taking orders otherwise your waiting until 2023 for the facelift...

Sincerely
Martin

Hello, I have an MG 5 SR and do 100 miles a day and have done for the last year and a half. Worst case I've had 60 miles left after the commute.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom