BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I was wondering what mods and updates have you made to your MG5 I will start
firstly a spare wheel kit because you do need one and i have used it £130 Ebay
then a 12v battery monitor £18 just for peace of mind
then got the back windows tinted to make it better for the grandkids and the dog £180 global tints
also replaced the head light bulbs and reversing bulbs £18 and £3.95 both Ebay
and I think I have found a solution for the lighting problem in the back with out hard wiring led reachable push on and off £5.05 Ebay not got then yet but look promising
wheel.jpegbattery.jpegosram.jpegled.jpeglights.jpg

Thank you.
I have got a pair of HB3 Osram Night Breakers still haven't fitted them yet and just ordered some T15's
Have you done anything with the front interior lights?

My first mod. Lined the floor with halfords floor mats. Took the floor out to use as a template. Marked round and cut with a sharp kitchen knife. Took a while but very happy with the outcome. Only 4 mats used out of 6 so have some spare for another job.

IMG_20220130_125219.jpg

I bought some door sill protectors for about tuppence from China, also a boot edge protector. They are just sticky paper with the logo but I have put the driver one on as it is def better than nothing but I probably won't bother with the rest.

Also just invested in a new chamois as the red showed a lot of water stains when dry (hard water area0. Also a new wheel brush.

Dashcam fitted, space saver bought on this forum in place.

I am thinking about the WiFi dongle but my pocket money is going on my home automation this month. :)

Rear interior passenger light. For £10 from Halfords I bought a cycle light that attaches to the handlebars using a rubber ring. This fits neatly attached to the passenger grab handle above the door and gives good illumination over the rear seats. No need for fancy wiring or interfering with the fabric of the car. The light itself is detachable and re-chargeable on a USB lead which is provided. If I can get a decent picture I will upload it.
IMG0110A.jpg
IMG0108A.jpg

These pictures don't do it justice. It works very well (IMO)

Also (forgot to mention initially) a set of car mats from Carmats4U. approx £30 for a full set, excellent vfm

Last edited:
Hi
Here’s a few mods I’ve done + more to come
Night breaker headlight bulbs
Interior light led bulbs
Rear passenger light with led bulb
Number plate led bulbs
Reverse light led bulbs
Tinted windows
Door kick plates
Interior mats
Rear boot liner
Dog guard
Dash cam
Chrome number plate surrounds
Mud flaps
Alloy spare wheel
Alloy wheels
That’s all at the moment
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

For me the list is as follows.
Night breaker headlight bulbs
Interior light led bulbs
Number plate led bulbs
Reverse light led bulbs
Interior mats
Rear boot wooden under liner
Rear boot mat
Locking wheel nuts
AA Wireless connector

Looking for decent door and boot lid protectors.
Also inherit rear led light.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Rear interior passenger light. For £10 from Halfords I bought a cycle light that attaches to the handlebars using a rubber ring. This fits neatly attached to the passenger grab handle above the door and gives good illumination over the rear seats. No need for fancy wiring or interfering with the fabric of the car. The light itself is detachable and re-chargeable on a USB lead which is provided. If I can get a decent picture I will upload it.
Good idea 👍

I have just replaced my reversing lights with let ones. What have people used for the number plate bulbs and the interior light?

I have just replaced my reversing lights with let ones. What have people used for the number plate bulbs and the interior light?

Hi
I used these for interior and number plate lights
4x Car T10 W5W 501 COB Bulbs SMD LED Lights Wedge Interior Lights Sidelight Lamp
7E94C7D0-01E4-4036-BD38-10E8C081A4DA.jpeg

😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom