C51E1F8B-B03E-4CB5-8F79-3344DD5CF886.jpeg
Were they a lot brighter?
593CDC38-EB70-40DD-A4D0-83663C6A552E.jpeg

Hi
Took this photo this morning
Hope it helps
I think they are a lot brighter
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I'm in the middle of making a false floor for the boot to level the floor with the sill and rear seat, when folded.
I've cut the floor out of plywood, using the original carpet as a template and scribing around it. It fits a treat, now I have to screw on some spacers of the correct height and attach some rubber mat and hey presto all done, with a hidden space underneath for valuables.
Other mods are uprating headlights and reversing lights to LED and spacing the front of the drivers seat up to give more rake of the squab for my long legs (short back, so no advantage to my 5'8").

Has anyone done a towbar yet?

I raised mine on 80mm polystyrene and 12mm plywood. Not quite flush with the back seats when down but not far off
IMG_20210620_133356.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_133250.jpg
    IMG_20210620_133250.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 177
Internal lights to LED
Reverse lights to LED
Dashcam hard wired
Car mats inside and rear. Rear one not the nest fit as slightly too long but does the job.

Just changed the registration to LED however when removing the lens both clips snapped when removing them FML!!
I now have replacements on order from MG for just shy of £22 for the pair.

Attachments

• 20220208_131514 (2).jpg
    20220208_131514 (2).jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 20220208_131527 (1).jpg
    20220208_131527 (1).jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 163
When I check mine out I discovered you don't move the clip but slide to whole thing towards the clip and it comes out fine. The clip is used as a spring .

Hi
Fog lights ordered from Ali express (£141)
On there way on that slow boat from China
Arriving end of march☹️View attachment 6847
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I've been considering these for a while - not quite sure how they would get wired though. Curious if could use LED bulbs (think they're P21W bulbs?) and somehow connected to DRL. What's your plans?

I've been considering these for a while - not quite sure how they would get wired though. Curious if could use LED bulbs (think they're P21W bulbs?) and somehow connected to DRL. What's your plans?
That is my plan to use them as side lights / Drl’s
I have a few different size led bulbs I’ll see what looks best when I get them
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I was thinking of fitting a twin 3inch diameter chrome fake exhaust just like the ones you get on boy racer cars and maybe a chrome "4.2 V8" badge for the back. Would'nt that be fun ?

You could just use them as a means of improving the front end look i.e. leave them disconnected.

Be sure to take some photos when fitting - would make an interesting feature and save me the time of figuring out how to do it 😜
Will do
I’ve had a quick look and it looks as though it’s plenty of fragile clips😂
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I was curious about whether the car would pass an MOT with non-functioning lights
That's a very good question and the answer is that they would have to be functional and MOT compliant. It's a very recent rule that only applies to post 2018 cars.

I was curious about whether the car would pass an MOT with non-functioning lights
My camper had 10 none functioning spot lights for the mot
I just didn’t have the time to wire them up before the mot but it still passed
1E4A34E1-F1F3-4959-AD2C-F4F2786E55E7.png

I was thinking of fitting a twin 3inch diameter chrome fake exhaust just like the ones you get on boy racer cars and maybe a chrome "4.2 V8" badge for the back. Would'nt that be fun ?
This did make me laugh, good old 'sticker barry' - The boy racers have moved on to fiesta ST's and Anti Lag kits - which is significantly more irritating. 2L is a bottle of coke, not an engine size ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom