MG5 mods and updates

That's a very good question and the answer is that they would have to be functional and MOT compliant. It's a very recent rule that only applies to post 2018 cars.
I wonder how these are wired on the Chinese ICE models - if the wiring loom is completely missing or if adding the appropriate indicator stalk with front fog light switch might work (maybe with a dealer tweak in engineer menu)

Have thought about fitting the front fogs myself, but wondered on control. I got the dealer to fit front parking sensors, but I'm not overly keen on the additional push button they've used. Not integrated.

Also, I miss the luggage/bag hooks that were in my old estate car, so I'm thinking about fitting these:
RUK Sports Twin Hole Lacing Hooks - Pack of 4 5060306990899 | eBay

1644599246057.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I was considering front fogs but the last two cars we owned had them and in the 5 years I could count the times we used them on the fingers of one hand.

I have a front sensor kit but I can't really find a flat vertical surface to fit them on that fits in with requirements, Any chance of a photo showing one side of the bumper please?

There is a company that sells canbus modules that will trigger a switch when the low speed sensor activates. Things like the door lock activating use this signal but they are very expensive relatively speaking and the MG5 is not specifically mentioned.

I was considering front fogs but the last two cars we owned had them and in the 5 years I could count the times we used them on the fingers of one hand.

I have a front sensor kit but I can't really find a flat vertical surface to fit them on that fits in with requirements, Any chance of a photo showing one side of the bumper please?

There is a company that sells canbus modules that will trigger a switch when the low speed sensor activates. Things like the door lock activating use this signal but they are very expensive relatively speaking and the MG5 is not specifically mentioned.
Photos of the front parking sensors and internal button.

063FCD50-71BA-4BDA-AE3B-C81DBD7A86BB.jpeg
9561B72C-AE73-4E8E-8CBB-25FBA638C4AB.jpeg
7A287B3A-856F-4BB0-9B3B-DF3AF6D16D8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom