MG5 owners only. Post on here what you think of the car.

Hi not sure if this may help I’m now over 10,000 miles in my MG5 and it’s my first winter in an EV so still learning, I tend to drive most of the time in Eco mode, and in this mode if you use Auto for the heating set around 23/24 degrees you will see on the heater control panel the Eco light will be on while in this mode, not sure what this does but I think it cuts down the heat output a little and maybe the fan speed as well, so turn the Eco button off ( no light ) and see if that improves matters for you when in the auto mode the lights on the heater panel that will be on are - Auto, A/c and Eco so when driving in Eco mode I turn the Eco button off.
In the other modes normal and sport this light on the Eco switch never comes on
Anyhow you can only try it and maybe feel the difference perhaps I do and my passenger I said it improves when I turn of the Eco button so give it ago and maybe feedback what you find in you car.
One way you can see this taking effect is to switch on the demist function and then back to auto while your driving in Eco mode
Les
I notice when I put the heating on I hear a faint tic-tic-tic noise. Not fan noise and not related to fan speed. Maybe a small pump or compressor involved in the heating circuit? When I turn the heat down the noise disappears. Hasn't got any worse but I'm good at zoning into a noise and the car's so incredibly quiet I notice it when the car is a low speeds or stationary. Heaating works very well by the way!

I notice when I put the heating on I hear a faint tic-tic-tic noise. Not fan noise and not related to fan speed. Maybe a small pump or compressor involved in the heating circuit? When I turn the heat down the noise disappears. Hasn't got any worse but I'm good at zoning into a noise and the car's so incredibly quiet I notice it when the car is a low speeds or stationary. Heaating works very well by the way!
I get the same noise.
I only noticed it the other day when i turned the radio off/down to 0.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom