bisdains

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all

Haves tried Googling and searching the dirum
But can’t quite figure this out. So far as I can tell
The MG5 cannot schedule it’s own charges and some have had issues with the charger scheduling charges?

Is it now possible to use a charger that can schedule itself without issue? About to buy an MG5 excite pre reg but not sure if this is an issue I need to be concerned about?

Thanks

No, not for me. I think there are some chargers that can’t wake up the MG but I’ve not seen that issue with the Zappi.

Works with Hypervolt too.
One thing I did find out was to make sure you don't plug the car in any more than 12 hours prior to the scheduled charge as the handshake process times out.

I have a new custom made EVSE (replacing a broken Polar) in which I had a SONOFF mini installed to manage turning it on and off remotely (mainly from my Home Automation machine). So when I plugged the cable into the car it had no power to it. The issue with that car was that the car horn beeped once or twice to indicate it was connected, so it'd do that when the power came on - usually in the middle of the night (cheap Octopus Agile rate).

I'm hoping it'll work OK with the MG5 when I get it though.

I leave mine plugged into a granny charger on a timer and over several days it will top up the car in the 4 hours Octopus Go window.

I think the handshake issue was fixed in a previous update.

My Ohme ...
Blummin OHME - I was going to order the OHME cable before I left for Portugal in late Sept. Forgot about it till the other day ( - I'm still in Portugal!!), and it's gone up by £100 to £299.

Doesn't really matter with the Home Assistant I suppose.

Works with Hypervolt too.
One thing I did find out was to make sure you don't plug the car in any more than 12 hours prior to the scheduled charge as the handshake process times out.
Good to know.

I have a wallbox plus, with an Octopus Go Faster 5 hour window. The timer works well.

I just have my Ohme set to charge when electricity is to per kWh do automatically charges between 12.30am and 4.30am.

You can also set a charge schedule on the Ohme app if you want to charge at specific times or you can use it as a dumb charger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom