MG5 SR Exclusive - Parking System Fault ⚠️

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
This flashed up after my test drive in an MG4 - ha must be a sign!

Everything seems to be working, except Autohold! Function being disabled.

Parking sensors - ok
EHandbrake - ok
Brakes - ok

Anyone experienced this fault?
Going have to get it in for checks when I pick up my MG4 extended test drive next Wed.

This flashed up after my test drive in an MG4 - ha must be a sign!

Everything seems to be working, except Autohold! Function being disabled.

Parking sensors - ok
EHandbrake - ok
Brakes - ok

Anyone experienced this fault?
Going have to get it in for checks when I pick up my MG4 extended test drive next Wed.
Did you have your seatbelt on as Autohold won't switch on without.

I'd be tempted to disconnect the 12v battery for a few minutes and see whether the problem goes away.

7 year warranty, happy to let MG sort it

Anyone had this before? It’s popping up more frequently than last week…..

Ah, might have been that then. But the fault message? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Whoops, didn't really mean to like that but just to comment that many of the messages are somewhat obscure - probably machine translated from Chinese and not corrected by a native english speaker. Some are amusing ("please charging battery low" always makes me smile) some confusing and some just unclear wtf they actually mean...

Anyone had this fault!? Tried 12v disconnect - no different

Booked in for 26th Aug, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not wanting to travel 40 miles to nearest MG garage, I tried charging the 12V battery overnight with my 2amp trickle charger/conditioner - it didn’t fix it immediately, but then a day or so later, the system fault warning ⚠️ disappeared altogether…..must be some sort of capacitor charge in the system! how strange! I suspect the 12v battery is on its way out.

Anyone know what and where to buy replacement? Don’t want MG branded ones, want a decent battery brand.

Finally got new battery Bosch S4 005 60ah from Costco. Fully charged up with trickle charger, seems better for a few days, then Parking System would come up again!! That’s it, it’s going into MG for them to sort.

Whoops, didn't really mean to like that but just to comment that many of the messages are somewhat obscure - probably machine translated from Chinese and not corrected by a native english speaker. Some are amusing ("please charging battery low" always makes me smile) some confusing and some just unclear wtf they actually mean...
The conditional speed limit detected one is a pain as it causes the caution alarm to also show up

Mine is a SR so doesn’t even any driving aids…. No idea what it is. Good news is that MG has relocated to near me in Aberdeen to Peter Vardy, so booked in for end of Oct. Earliest they can do it, as they are just finding their feet at the dealership just now! Lots of cars, no Cyberster yet.

I just take that one as 'I'm confused, so over to you... don't blame me if you get caught'

I take it as "I know you've just passed a speed limit sign, so you'll probably want to use the digital speedo. Let me just blank it out for 5 seconds, just when you need it most, to tell you I didn't understand the sign."

MG Peter Vardy has my car for over a week now, they were doing a full software update after MG advised on how to attempt to fix the fault code, but not heard back. I believe I’m the first to have this reported…… will report back once I heard what happened to my car.

I take it as "I know you've just passed a speed limit sign, so you'll probably want to use the digital speedo. Let me just blank it out for 5 seconds, just when you need it most, to tell you I didn't understand the sign."
Almost as the annoying as the Lane departure warning switching to the other display and taking off the digital speedo.

Least on the pre facelift if you set LKA to alert only it remembers that setting, given the number of times it gets confused by roadworks I'm quite happy not to have it trying to pull me into a lane.

Yep VERY annoying

Almost 4 weeks in garage, waiting for new sensors and computer module for the fix. Not sure exact details. Told should be ready next week.

Also found out, if car was recovered then MG gives 5 days courtesy hire car. Dealership couldn’t offer me a courtesy car or hire car without significant delays.

We get the caution sign up all the time plus “MG Pilot quit” , it’s going into MG Chiswick next week, been waiting since September , I presume it’ll get an update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom