MG5 SR - Squeaking Suspension

tonymc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone else had an issue with the front suspension squeaking when going over speed bumps and the like, it's a proper donkey noise (ehh ohh) just about every time.

Have it booked into the dealers for something else (rear seat belt warning) in a few weeks but thought I would ask here as well.

They were supposed to add horse power, not donkey!

I don't think it's a common problem on the MG5 but it is the sort of thing that happens to a whole range of cars from time to time.

Same here and been experiencing this “donkey squeaks” for the past few weeks at the back suspension on my ZS SR everytime I go over speed bumps. I’ll wait until the 1st service in 3 months time to have it checked and will mention some other niggles such as knocking sound when reversing (off side) & tapping sound when I switched on the AC (inside vent). Still loving my car though😊

I started getting it about 6 weeks ago, MG5 18 months old.
I've noticed it goes away when the conditions are wet so i'm guessing something has dried out.

I’ve got this also. Started around 2 months ago when the weather got cold/ damp. Had it to the local mg garage who lubricated everything but the problem is still there.
Garage telling me they’ve not come across this issue and have referred to mg uk for guidance.
Getting to the point where a polite reminder is required to get a shift on. It’s getting embarrassing driving into my speed bumped street.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom