MG5 Trophy Facelift not charging

@MickeySw, yeah I know its just frustrating so went of on a rant lol. I am pleased to get my car back but I still have to try charging from my home charger yet.
@John B I have just been through the link provided by @Gomev above and a 4 year service plan with 2 MOT's comes out at £743.84, where did your quote come from. Do you know if this is all in or will there be hidden extras like battery coolant, brake fluid etc.

I am pleased to get my car back but I still have to try charging from my home charger yet.

Sooner or later you will have to bite that bullet, but if you’re concerned you could reduce the charging current if your EVSE supports this function, then again this might not be practical as it will also limit the another EV.

@MickeySw, yeah I know its just frustrating so went of on a rant lol. I am pleased to get my car back but I still have to try charging from my home charger yet.
@John B I have just been through the link provided by @Gomev above and a 4 year service plan with 2 MOT's comes out at £743.84, where did your quote come from. Do you know if this is all in or will there be hidden extras like battery coolant, brake fluid etc.
Minstergate @ hull where we bought our car from.

I've sent you a copy by DM.

I spoke too soon, they've now come back to me and told me the price has gone up to £743.84. I told them I wasn't happy but had no real choice other than to pay the extra while I look into my options. I have checked with trading standards and a legal bod friend they all agree that I was given a quote rather than an estimate and therefore the price quoted should be honoured especially as I accepted it straight away when we ordered the car. I have cancelled my Xpower order and written to the group dealer principal.
Watch this space LOL

Crikey what a palaver, think I will pull the trigger on 3yrs + 1 mot for £462. Hope you get it sorted

Crikey what a palaver, think I will pull the trigger on 3yrs + 1 mot for £462. Hope you get it sorted
Yep it's a bit of work. It's not the money aspect that bothers me but their attitude. I have sent emails to the dealer principals (they have two and await their comments), trading standards and SMMT penned ready to send.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom