MG5 & YouTube EVM

not his best video a lot said for company effect like it wallows like a big old american car but they still cant knock it
Yes, he has done better videos, but I think its what it is, a basic car of today for basic money. So all good for the pocket.

I can't understand why reviewers keep saying the front looks like it's from the 1990s ?
It looks pretty much like the 2019/20 VW Passat front to me.
passat2019.jpg

MG5.jpg

As most people will see they found it hard to find anything negative about the MG5. Like any car it's a personnal choice. Roof bars are really the only thing that is a genuine marketing error. I knew about the roof bars before ordering and the SAT Nav is as good as my Jaguar XF Sportbrake! So win win for me!

Personally I like the front and the big grill thing. I think on some YouTube reviews they try to find negative things to say because its so cheap, so there must be something wrong.

When they say the interior might be a bit dated, I'm thinking it's a hell of a lot nicer than most cars out there like a Kia, Hyundai etc so I do find that strange.

But they all in the end say they can't fault it for the price. Personally I can't fault it period (apart from the roof bars). But if it didn't come with them we wouldn't be talking about it.

I loved my Hyundai i40 and this is a similar car, its just smoother and faster to drive, and obviously an EV.

I think that all the comments are prejudiced because of the badge and the price. If VW had released the exact same vehicle as a Passat EV for £30k reviewers would be raving about the exceptional value and practicality. It's only because it's an MG that they are looking for faults (and not finding them).

I can't agree with the suggestion that the MG5 is 'basic' or 'dated'. It's lacking a few (in my opinion unnecessary) features but it's a brand new EV with a really nice cabin and a decent drive. The suspension is better than many much more expensive EVs. I find it a much nicer driving experience than the Leaf 40.

The front grille is a bit silly, but the rest of the styling is modern and sleek. The wheels are unusually small which makes them both more efficient and more comfortable than if they were bigger.

Personally I like the grill. I agree the wheels do look a little bit small, but I like the way they soak up the bumps and will be liking the cheaper tyres when they're due.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom