MG5EV Breakdown - Warranty

chrisd1884

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,

Has any had recent experience and advise on the warranty with MG, our MG5 EV last week went and came up with various faults, parking brake system failure, cruise control system failure, and few others, I also experienced whist driving the car seem to pulse as in speed up/slow down in an instance and more worryingly didn't accelerate when I put the pedal down and them when I did it again, it did accelerate like usual but when released it kept going until I pressed the brake(run away car situation)

I contacted various MG garages in the county (3, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury) and the earliest date that it could be seem was apparently the 13th Jun, (now the 05th), I have dropped the car at the garage and left it there and I believe its unsafe to drive, but it looks like MG will not cover the cost of a hire vehicle or anything and to be honest found it to be very disappointing in there response.

Has any experienced similar faults and what happened with MG

The various faults you describe usually pop up after a 12 volt battery disconnect . Did they show up on start up ?
The driving issue I haven't experienced but was smart cruise control on ?

I have dropped the car at the garage and left it there and I believe its unsafe to drive, but it looks like MG will not cover the cost of a hire vehicle or anything and to be honest found it to be very disappointing in there response.
Unfortunately you’re not alone feeling left disappointed when dealing with MG’s aftersales support. From experience of others they might offer you a replacement car once a fault has been diagnosed though.

Is yours a face lift (Mk2) model?

Unfortunately you’re not alone feeling left disappointed when dealing with MG’s aftersales support. From experience of others they might offer you a replacement car once a fault has been diagnosed though.

Is yours a face lift (Mk2) model?
Hi,

No this is an original mk1 (2021).

I'm hoping I can discuss with MG for them to refund me the cost of the hire car.

I wish you the very best of luck. I had to threaten legal action against the dealer to get my issue resolved. No more MGs for me and can’t wait to get rid!

Oh and just to add MG UK are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot and totally uninterested. They actually said to me “we don’t deal with customers”

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom