MG5EV Indonesia YouTube preview

biffo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Saw this review - some differences in the model shown compared to the UK spec - such as sunroof, passenger sun visor light, rear interior light and the much fabled sunglasses holder!!

Those accessories are only fitted to MG5s sold in countries where they have sunshine...
I'm really only interested in the rear interior light (given the dark and cold Scottish nights ;)) - if only someone competent would offer a service that didn't mess up the headlining by cutting a hole to fit this part!

Why does it have a badge on the back that says Brit?

Why does it have a badge on the back that says Brit?
Hadn't even noticed that - although I did watch a New Zealand review earlier and oddly they mentioned about cars coming from UK which I thought was just ill informed - that would be a long way for what should be a short journey!

Saw this review - some differences in the model shown compared to the UK spec - such as sunroof, passenger sun visor light, rear interior light and the much fabled sunglasses holder!!
If anyone finds the part number for the light and even better, a source for one, please share!!! 👍😃

I'm really only interested in the rear interior light (given the dark and cold Scottish nights ;)) - if only someone competent would offer a service that didn't mess up the headlining by cutting a hole to fit this part!
You know if that light exists there, the wiring for it probably is in our cars as well. Cheaper just to fit one wiring loom and ignore the bits they are not going to use.

You know if that light exists there, the wiring for it probably is in our cars as well. Cheaper just to fit one wiring loom and ignore the bits they are not going to use.
I was wondering about the entire headlining as the light cutout might be recessed, etc - but then remembered about the sunroof!

I was wondering about the entire headlining as the light cutout might be recessed, etc - but then remembered about the sunroof!
There is no depth to recess a light in the head lining. Not even 20mm from my recollection. That's why I put in a slim surface fitting. There is about a 7mm cavity to fish some cables through from the front interior light.

There is no depth to recess a light in the head lining. Not even 20mm from my recollection. That's why I put in a slim surface fitting. There is about a 7mm cavity to fish some cables through from the front interior light.
It might be that the model with a sunroof has a lower headlining in that case - think I heard that mentioned in the podcast at one stage.

Hi biffo your right some differences which you have listed, I think this could be as a UK excite model, as there are no roof rails, no electric drivers seat which never bothers me personally as once it set it’s set, unless of course there is more than person who drives the car and then memory settings would have been nice.but they are the faux leather like the UK exclusives and not fabric like the UK excite.
Also the seats don’t seem to be heated according to the switching when you zoom in a bit in the rear there is no USB ports from what I could see also manual rear view mirror
Surprised me to see a spare wheel in the showroom car, maybe it comes with the car in other places but we have to buy it if you want one, but have to say I didn’t I wangled mine as part of the deal along with a type 2 cable and a full set of floor mats, but had to pay for my mud flaps and boot liner so swings and roundabouts.
Think you could be right saying about the headliner might be a bit lower, because of the sunroof , I remember I sat in a couple of ZS cars in a showroom before I ordered my 5SR as at the time the 5 wasn’t available then and I remarked at the time the roof felt lower on the one fitted with a sunroof so could be any how thanks for posting the video
Les

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom