MGEVs live stream on YouTube - invitation to participate/contribute

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello folks,
this is an invitation to MG ZS EV / MG5 EV owners to contribute towards a new MGEVs live stream podcast on a new MGEVs YouTube channel.

First of all, please subscribe to the channel.

We are planning on creating the

MG EVs live stream podcast
  • Purposes
    • Entertain and educate current and potential MG EV owners
    • Support and grow the community
  • Content
    • News, information, advice and opinion about MG EVs.
    • Banter (see Approach)
  • Format
    • Weekly on a day and at a time which suits the most participants
    • Live stream with video (using ZOOM) on YouTube to engage with MG owners via the chat
    • Accompanying photos and videos to illustrate topics of discussion
    • Also published as an audio podcast
    • Aim for professional but still informal
    • About an hour long
  • Participants
    • Members of the MGEVs forum plus guests
Approach

I want to approach this like we’re setting up an informal chat in a pub. A group of MG EV owners who get together to chat about their experiences, what’s going on with MG and EVs in general. Eventually they become friends (if they aren't already) and there is some banter. It creates a more relaxed and fun atmosphere.

Style

While this will work best if the approach is informal, it still needs to be professional (I’ll handle the technical aspect of that) and inclusive, so respectful, the same as the forum.

Participant requirements

We will need 4-8 regular ‘hosts’ of the live stream. If the same people appear relatively regularly, then the audience will get to know them. It works best if there are 3-5 regulars in any one live stream. The hosts will
  • Be MG ZS EV / MG5 owners who can speak intelligently about the MG ZS EV / MG5 and EVs in general
  • Not be too nervous. There are always nerves (at first at least), but these will pass with time for most
  • Be able to commit to joining the live stream on a reasonably regular basis
  • The ability to join in with a ZOOM call:
    • Have decent internet
    • Have a webcam (in a laptop is fine)
    • Have headset with mic or earbuds with external mic
    • Have decent lighting and quiet in the room
    • Follow other tips for good video (like having the camera at eye level)
Guests

Hopefully we will have guests on the live stream. Dealers who can talk about sales. Mechanics who can talk about servicing. Forum members who have done something particularly interesting with their car etc.

Participant benefits

Fun. Participants will have fun doing this. Those that don’t like it won’t want to continue, and I expect that some people will decide they don’t like it, and that’s fine. It’s not for everybody. Hopefully, some people will love it.
There may also be some financial returns in the future, but from my experience with AVForums, they are small, so not worth discussing at this stage.

We already have some interested members. Are you interested in getting involved?

Last edited:
Hi

I would love to participate. Got a MG ZS EV Exclusive Pimlico Blue in late February. MG was my first EV, pervious car was Ford fiesta 2012 diesel and before that Ford focus mk1 petrol.

Hopefully by this Thursday my bt landline Internet is fixed. Cant stream on twitch with a 4g modem with barely any signal. Can't even watch YouTube without buffering. :(

Mike Fisher

I am from Luxembourg, so Arno and I can perhaps provide different informations.
I already subscribed to the channel. 😊

It would be great to get a perspective from Australia when they start getting delivered too (also any Indian or Thai users). It would be great to showcase the international perspective of the MG EV brand.

Yes I would be interested in joining, I have owned an mg zs since March 2020.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom