• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Middle of Lidl - boot liner and seat pads

wandle MG4 trophy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Lidl has a cut to size rubber boot liner for £6.99. Nothing special but it does the job.

Lidl also has these seat pads for £5.99 each. I think they look good pending any decent made to measure seat covers. They attach with elastic bands. Although not designed for rear seats, 2 of them work well and add a bit of colour to the very dark interior. They do however slow down the front seat heaters on the Trophy.

Attachments

• DDE0EB6A-6FEC-4F1B-902E-20B7D2CCA02D.jpeg
    DDE0EB6A-6FEC-4F1B-902E-20B7D2CCA02D.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 598
  • 4F974DF9-959A-4657-BD22-B6D2AE5DDB05.jpeg
    4F974DF9-959A-4657-BD22-B6D2AE5DDB05.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 453
  • 2DD6937C-E5C8-49A5-8BA0-8FC85D9E27C5.jpeg
    2DD6937C-E5C8-49A5-8BA0-8FC85D9E27C5.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 26917789-62DE-438B-BA0D-7A4BCEEEC77F.jpeg
    26917789-62DE-438B-BA0D-7A4BCEEEC77F.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 589
The seat covers look good.
Could you add a picture when you have fitted the boot mat?

The seat covers look good.
Could you add a picture when you have fitted the boot mat?
Hah, I deliberately did not attach a photo of the boot liner because I did not trim it very neatly! Anyway, here you go. Tip - trim a bit off the left and the right sides to make it more symmetrical (I chopped only on the left).

Attachments

• B118C1FC-13E8-4562-BED4-A3B8EE9068FA.jpeg
    B118C1FC-13E8-4562-BED4-A3B8EE9068FA.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 574
Hah, I deliberately did not attach a photo of the boot liner because I did not trim it very neatly! Anyway, here you go. Tip - trim a bit off the left and the right sides to make it more symmetrical (I chopped only on the left).
Thank you, it's only to protect the flooring so it doesn't matter what it looks like ?

Does the liner have a strong rubber smell……….and no its not what your all thinking 😜
Its just that in the past I bought an aftermarket liner and it had a terrible strong rubber smell which stunk the car out and I ended up throwing away. Thanks

Does the liner have a strong rubber smell……….and no its not what your all thinking 😜
Its just that in the past I bought an aftermarket liner and it had a terrible strong rubber smell which stunk the car out and I ended up throwing away. Thanks
Will check the smell in a day or so and will report back

We had a look at one in Lidl today and my wife rejected it on account of its smell. I don't know if the smell would go with time, but the unboxed rubber floormats that were also on sale had the same strong smell. A shame as the boot mat looked pretty good.

Best to open it up and leave in a garage/shed or loft space for a few days before fitting if you can .

I've bought one of these, so it's useful to know about the smell. I think I'll open it up and leave it in the garage for a week or so.
It's going to take at least that long for the weather to get dry again because I washed the car today, so - my bad!

Go on! splash another £7 when no-one's looking 👍🏻

The seat covers - do they look like they would be cool to the touch in hot weather? My MG5 has black seats that get hot and sweaty in the summer.

It’s all about choice and taste I suppose, but I think these seat covers are ghastly! Cheap looking and not befitting of a new car.
Also, why would you pay more for heated seats and then cover them so they don’t work properly?
Each to their own.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel