Mileage?

INGRAM

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had my ZS EV Trophy long range for 4 weeks.
I'm charging to 80% and it states range of around 266 miles (Can't be correct).
Have kept an actual mileage travelled log on last 2 charges.
Driving on ECO, no A/C or heating on and going from the 80% down to 10% barely getting 180 miles.
Does this sound right. Anybody else experiencing this.
Car booked into MG for diagnostic check on the 10th of October.
Does keeping lane assist on drain the battery.

Speed is important. If this was around town it seems poor, but at 70 on a motorway its about right. LKA is supposed to be on so I guess this is part of the predicted range. Also the predicted range is based on previous trips (not sure how far back this goes). When I bought mine I stressed it was “essential” to be able to do a 200 mile journey, summer or winter without stopping to charge. The dealer would only guarantee this on the Extended Range version

Driving on ECO, no A/C or heating on and going from the 80% down to 10% barely getting 180 miles.
A better guide is your miles/kWh. Should be somewhere between 3 to 4. My average is 3.6 at the moment, but individual journeys I'm getting over 4 most times.

Look to be about spot on the GOM estimate...

10-80% = 70% capacity.

70% of 266 miles = 186 miles.

We just got back from Tenby which is about 90 miles away. I was pleased when we arrived we only used 32% motorway driving at 60 to 65 mph. On the way back did 70 mph most of the way back and only used 37%. I always drive with heating on in normal mode and Kers 3. Well impressed.

What does the range say at 100%?
Have you tried resetting the trip counter?

Drove up the M5 today from Weston super Mare to Stourbridge (off at junction 4), 5 adults in the car, HVAC set at 23 degrees, 65 mph all the way.

I got a surprising 3.6m/kWh.

Drove back with 149 miles on the GOM and 98 miles on the sat-nav. All things the same on the return journey (except for a torrential downpour and flash flood) and got 3.4m/kWh with 35 miles left on the GOM.

Well pleased with that performance. :)

We also have a ZS EV Trophy LR facelift model and owned it for about 18 months and covered roughly 14,000 miles in that time.
( Before this, we had the original Gen 1 ZS EV's for two years and covered nearly 20,000 miles ).
So, you can use my findings on the Trophy LR to compare what you are witnessing on your car, if that helps you at all ?.
We ALWAYS charge at home on our 7 kw wall box and I have the charging level set to 80% SOC.
Never charged on a A/C public post or a D/C Rapid charger.
It has been set to 80% SOC for almost ALL of our 14,000 miles covered.
Only 4 times has it been charged to either 90 or 100% SOC in order to make a longer journey.
I ALWAYS reset both of the trip counters before commencing a charging cycle.
This is purely a personal choice thing really, some people do this - some people don't.
Given the mileage we have covered and the charging cycles performed, I can truly report that I have consistently seen the GOM report / report a predicted range of 212 miles when charged to 80% level.
It returns the same prediction regardless of the ambient temperature.
Try resetting BOTH of your trips before you commence a charge, check you have the charge level set at 80% and you don't have any pre-heat / cooling set up.
Now you should see the same 212 miles of predicted range when the charge is complete.

Picked mine up today (new) and on my first journey of 12 miles mixed roads, it registered 2.8km/kwh
Does this sound low?

If your journey was starting and stopping then it sounds right. If you are continuously driving it will go up. Just drive it and forget about the range. Enjoy the car and don't have range anxiety!

I had a journey of 157 miles this week. Went from 82% to around 10% ( 30 miles at any rate ) Barely made it home 🙄. Mix of motorway (70mph) and A roads at 60mph. Only had heating on occasionally but windscreen wipers for half the journey.

Hi, on the MG Battery you can charge to 100% and not damage the battery. So charge to 90% every 3/4 weeks on wall charger then plug in granny charger to top up to 100% as this will give you a better millage range as well. Also push the OK button on the stearing wheel when fully charged to reset the millage. Hope this helps. P.S. Have a read on the MG battery for why you should charge to 100%
Andy.

So charge to 90% every 3/4 weeks on wall charger then plug in granny charger to top up to 100% as this will give you a better millage range as well.
Charging from a home wall box will offer the same result as switching over to the Granny.
The 7 Kw wall box will start to throttling back the charge at about 95% SOC firstly down to 3.5 Kw's and will continue to reduce as it gets closer to commencing the balance cycle when it reaches 100% SOC.

I predominantly recharge my 2022 ZS Trophy between 40% to 80% and out of that 40% topped up charge, I can barely get more than 50 miles!
I always drive in Sport mode though but if I were getting 100 miles from that 40% top up from 80% down back to 40%, I would've been a happy ZS Trophy owner, never mind 180 miles.

I predominantly recharge my 2022 ZS Trophy between 40% to 80% and out of that 40% topped up charge, I can barely get more than 50 miles!
I always drive in Sport mode though but if I were getting 100 miles from that 40% top up from 80% down back to 40%, I would've been a happy ZS Trophy owner, never mind 180 miles.
What's the issue with using say 20-90%?

I always charge between 40 to 80% and I do around a hundred miles before charging again. Approx. once a month to 100% for balancing. I think it is great.

I always charge between 40 to 80% and I do around a hundred miles before charging again. Approx. once a month to 100% for balancing. I think it is great.
Yes. I'm the same. I get approximately 25 miles per 10% charge.

[ Edited Coulomb: Added the "25" that somehow went missing. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom